• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

? about phandroid app?

Why does the Phandroid app need to modify / delete sd card contents?
TIA
Cody

This permission is required to download and save Forum Attachments to the directory "/sdcard/download/".

If you are watching a log file for when it would read or write, you can search logcat for "AttachmentsDownloadService" which is the log TAG for that particular class.

Thanks,

Steve

Upvote 0
This permission is required to download and save Forum Attachments to the directory "/sdcard/download/".

If you are watching a log file for when it would read or write, you can search logcat for "AttachmentsDownloadService" which is the log TAG for that particular class.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve this reminded me, on my new phone (GB 2.3.4, HTC Rezound) it will not let me DL/view any attachments, while they are blue and underlined like a clickable link my phone treats them like regular text. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones