1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

about rooting

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hey guys ...my name is fawaz ...from india my question ... please answer me ....is rooting in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 safe?!!?!!?????? And if it is safe how can we root it????

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Rooting itself if safe. What you can do once the phone is rooted isn't safe.

Is leaving your house unlocked safe? Sure. What the burlars do to it once hey get in isn't.

Same thing.

How do you root that particular device? The easiest way, if it works, is Kingo If it can't work on your device it will tell you and not cause any problems.

Now my question to you is why you want to root your phone. The ONLY thing it does for you is to allow apps that need root access to run. It doesn't make the phone faster, it doesn't give you more memory, it doesn't fix problems. It DOES void your warranty in many parts of the world.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Sometimes that actual process of rooting is a bit unsafe and scary...oftentimes the exploits require you to jump through hoops or ask you to perform steps that are basically unrecoverable (i.e., no turning back). This is not always the case, but is highly dependent on the rooting method for your device.

Once you get past that point, actually installing the root binaries and having them present, like Rukbat said, is safe--it's the apps, programs, and things you do with your new root powers that might be unsafe.

That being said, you should visit the all-things-root area for your particular version of the Note 10.1 device:

-- or --

Best of luck!