1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support About screen dimming.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Das Bose, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Das Bose

Das Bose Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    I've had this phone for almost two months now. And I have one massive problem with it.

The screen keeps dimming on me, whether I'm in the photo gallery app or browsing the web. And when I say dimming I don't mean the screen going completely dark/shutting off. I mean the screen dims on its own and then goes back to the normal brightness setting then dims again and keeps doing this no matter what settings I turn on or off.

I looked all over the web for a solution but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.

I do not use power saving mode and never have.
    I do not use the auto brightness feature.
    I don't accidentally slide the brightness slider when using the status bar.
    I don't use the stock browser, I use dolphin browser. And my stock broswer doesn't even have the color settings and separate brightness settings like everyone elses' does.

So how do I fix this? I've been in the settings menu for hours trying to stop it but it keeps happening. It's so annoying that I even made an account on this site just to seek help.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you might have an issue with your digitizer not being connected to your board well and it keeps disconnecting and connecting as you use it. You might want to take it back to where you bought it if you can reproduce the issue at will.

3. Das Bose

Das Bose Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Really? I thought it would just be some obscure settings option but that makes sense that it would be something to do with the actual hardware. I'll see what my local provider says about it.