1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

About time! Samsung was going to lose a lot of Customers.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jack58, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Looks like Samsung listened this time. There were a LOT of unhappy longtime Samsung owners like me that was going to jump ship and go for anther brand, because of no Micro SD support... in my case, I was going to get the LG v10. Still wish they would have a removable battery, but that isn't a deal killer, no micro SD was.

bcrichster likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So where's the charger port on that render?

psionandy and KOLIO like this.
  4. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Not sure by the pictures, maybe at the top where the SD card goes in & headphone jack is... or maybe wireless now?

5. Hadron

VIP Member

I think logically it has to be at the top (the only end not shown), though that's a very unusual place to put it (especially if the SIM tray is up there you might wonder why not put the card socket there too).

But I don't think it will be wireless-only. Not only would that be very brave (it's still very much a niche), but unless they want to give up on USB data transfer, ADB & fastboot (which will also make life difficult for their service centres) there will need to be a USB socket on it somewhere.

#5 Hadron, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    bcrichster, Lordvincent 90 and jack58 like this.
  6. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

I agree. We will know more in a month or so as it will be launched in early March.

At the two Verizon stores I was at this weekend, both managers are still using the Note 4 and not the Note 5, for the exact reason I'm not, no micro SD or removable battery. When they pull their phone out of their pockets, you know what their using and usually the best.

7. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast

Not a solution. You cannot put it your pocket.

8. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Cannot put "what" in your pocket???

9. Hadron

VIP Member

Actually I've come across that image on Phonearena today, labelled as a "concept" design and apparently not from Samsung.

So my guess is that the real thing will be a little more conventional when it arrives - but hopefully with the card slot still.

10. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I have the original Samsung Galaxy S and the USB port is on the top.
    I suppose, if you like to stand it up while charging, that is okay........

That is the most stupid idea they ever did, I was so glad to see them get away from that, and put it on the bottom.

11. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

I still have the blackjack II and the USB port is on the side. S3 is on the bottom.
    [​IMG]