1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

About to buy...question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbrudolph, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mbrudolph

mbrudolph Newbie

Hello everyone,

Its time to upgrade and I'm about to get the Rezound but have a quick question. I need to be able to tether my Rezound for occasion use with my laptop. Is there a ROM which is extremely stable with tether, either wired or wireless & disables OTA's. Dont really care if the ROM is GB or ICS. Only need ROOT for tether & few minor adjustments to optimize battery life.

Thanks in advance!!

Mark

PS. Mods if you think this is better in All things Root please move it. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ccsoccer03

ccsoccer03 Well-Known Member

Yeah. First off, Do yourself a favor. Get the Rezound. Its an amazing phone with blazing fast 4g and its very stable. What I would not do is flash the ICS leak. Why you ask? Well, I'm on it, and theres really nothing thats just terrible about it. However, its just not finished. Wierd notifications pop up about setting the time, the kernel overheats the phone for some people. etc. Wait for the OTA (which is hopefully May 5th but i'm not gonna hold my breath). Also, S-OFF has been achieved. If you don't know what that means, basically theres no need to dev unlock your device and void your warranty. S-OFF is actually better.

Now to directly answer your question, wireless tether works just fine. You simply set the Device to :Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE , and you click the Routing fix check box and volia! All of this information is in the xda forums for future reference.

3. Cares

Cares Android Enthusiast

ICS ROMs are fine. You mean don't flash the ICS firmware.

4. ac29593

ac29593 Well-Known Member

You can download titanium backup and uninstall tether manager. That will enable you to use the native tether app which should be the most stable out of all. No app needed.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews