• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help About to do a factory reset. What will I forget to backup?

marcusmpe

May 13, 2010
So I am going to be doing a factory reset soon to hopefully solve some rebooting issues. For people who have done this before, what are some things you've overlooked for backing up your phone beforehand?

I manage all of my contacts and calendar in Outlook on my PC, and I've been using AppBrain for tracking my downloaded apps so I'm not worried about that stuff. I plan on backing up my most used programs with their built in export functions. I have no problem re-doing most of my phone's settings.

Is there any way to back up my custom scenes? I have a ton of shortcuts created that would be nice to keep.

Any other tips would be great.
Thanks!
Marcus

I would take a picture of every page on your home screen. That way when you restore it you can quickly put your favorite widgets, shortcuts, etc back in place. This was the only thing i didn't think of the other day when i did a reset last week. I almost cried cause i was so happy with all my screens :(

Other than that it sounds like you've thought of everything I would have thought of...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones