1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root About to Factory Reset, Want to Back Up Certain Things

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by del2484, Nov 14, 2010.

1. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I just rooted and will soon install a new ROM and kernel which I understand requires a factory reset. There are certain things I want to backup before doing and know of Titanium Backup and MyBackup but wasn't sure if one or the other could do everything I needed. This what I'd like backed up:

Call Logs
    SMS & MMS
    Everything on my homescreens
    App Settings (particularly worried about Angry Birds and losing my progress)
    Apps (don't want to have to re-install Shazaam because the new version is paid)

I think that covers everything. Can anyone tell me if either Titanium or MyBackup can do all of this? Anything else I should want backed up (that isn't already by Google) but not thinking of?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    MyBackupPro will back up Call logs, SMS/MMS, system settings, alarms, etc. TiBU backs up app & app data. If you use LauncherPro you can back up your homescreen settings except for widgets... otherwise take a sheet of paper out, draw your homescreens out so you know where everything goes, and wipe away. Not sure about the whole Angry Birds thing.