1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root About to flash Teppic74's Gingerbread ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon_LTD, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    Male
    Uk
    Hi all :D,

As the title suggests I am about to flash Teppic74's Gingerbread ROM and doing my reading around it.
    However, as with my sites etc, different terminology comes creeping in, and I'm not 100% sure what I need to do.

The link I am getting my data from is here.

The topic is: a2sd -- I know it's "Apps to SD card" however, using the AMAZING guide on this forum, it mentions how a2sd is the way Froyo and Gingerbread allows you to move parts of the app onto the SD card by default. Ok. That's fine. But the thing that is confusing me is that Teppics opening post talks about this:

"If you need more space, this will help. For this to work you need your sdcard formatted with two partitions, the first a regular FAT partition for general use, the second an ext2/ext3 partition exclusively for A2SD"

Would I be right in assuming this is A2SD+? And if so, can I just follow the instructions on how to prep my SD Card by using SURoot's guide [URL="http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/220627-faq-root-memory-a2sd-partitions-updated-10th-august-2011-a.html#

Advertisement

2. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    A partition on the SD card means its not the standard Android a2sd. So yep, use the guide you mentioned - Gparted is the tool of choice for partitioning.

Tags: