• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root About To Give Up...

I've had my Infuse for 2 days now and I can't root the damn thing! This is what I've been doing: Download & extract Super1Click to my desktop; installed the KIES drivers onto my phone (or should they be on my PC?); enable USB Debugging; and plug the phone to my PC. I open Super1Click, select Root and it goes through the process. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes it ain't. The couple of times it was successful, I tried to go into Recovery and install a new ROM. I didn't get the regular menu, i.e., install zip to SD card, etc., I received 5 different choices that weren't meant for rooting. I've factory reset the phone twice to see if that would help, but I keep running into the same problems. Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening? Thanks. :thinking:

You have to get the modded 3e recovery file first. Then get clockworkmod, then you will be abl to do these things. Look on google for installing clockworkmod on the infuse. This should help, as this is what i did a long time ago. Make sure you know your terms, as from this im guessing you really do not. Head over to xda, should be more help even though some devs are leaving, which means i will have to become one earlier lol. Go ahead and ask if ou have any more questions.

Upvote 0
You have to get the modded 3e recovery file first. Then get clockworkmod, then you will be abl to do these things. Look on google for installing clockworkmod on the infuse. This should help, as this is what i did a long time ago. Make sure you know your terms, as from this im guessing you really do not. Head over to xda, should be more help even though some devs are leaving, which means i will have to become one earlier lol. Go ahead and ask if ou have any more questions.

Where do I find this 3e recovery file?

Upvote 0
Where do I find this 3e recovery file?

Here you go:
http://download1150.mediafire.com/pxzt2a8e5eag/srhipjqvy7mpdde/3e_recovery_no_sig_check.zip

Just make sure you do these steps and you will have ClockWorkMod: (almost always works)
1. Download the file i gave, put in your sdcard
2. (Optional) using root explorer go to /system/bin and rename the current recovery file to recovery.bak
3. using root explorer navigate to the directory where u put ur new recovery, copy it, go to system/bin and paste it. Next, make sure the permissions are set correct! <--VERY IMPORTANT. If u dont know what im talking about...then tell me. im assuming you know :p
4. after that, use ROM manager and flash CWM recovery("Galaxy i9000", no MTD), then reboot into recovery...youll confront the disgusting default samsung recovery...
5. use volume buttons to go down and select (with power key) reinstall packages....then ull be back to stock recovery....hit reinstall packages again and you should be into clockworkmod

Congrats/Good Luck...and never give up :p

Sources: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...amsung-infuse-4g-to-flash-unsigned-zip-files/

Reactions: AndyRoyd
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Do I do this before I use Super1Click or after?

Ok so after you superoneclick root, just follow the video steps or steps on my previous post ;D
So this is the process:
Get root access
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSuKCP0i94&feature=fvwrel
Get modded 3e recovery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMo8rBehHg&feature=player_embedded
Get ClockWorkMod and install a ROM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzcDfzxV4MM&feature=related

Those are the videos that you should watch in this order to get to a point where u can install a ROM with ClockWorkMod. You will only have to do this once which is the good. So you need root first in order to get modded 3e recovery, because with root how will you get to the system/bin directory? there is no way to mount it as read/write. By default it is read-only. So root first, get modded 3e recover and then clockworkmod recovery, and then just flash anything u want :D

Reactions: AndyRoyd
Upvote 0
Ok so after you superoneclick root, just follow the video steps or steps on my previous post ;D
So this is the process:
Get root access
How to Root the Samsung Infuse 4g HD - YouTube
Get modded 3e recovery
How to install modded 3e recovery - YouTube
Get ClockWorkMod and install a ROM
Samsung Infuse how to install the infused ROM - YouTube

Those are the videos that you should watch in this order to get to a point where u can install a ROM with ClockWorkMod. You will only have to do this once which is the good. So you need root first in order to get modded 3e recovery, because with root how will you get to the system/bin directory? there is no way to mount it as read/write. By default it is read-only. So root first, get modded 3e recover and then clockworkmod recovery, and then just flash anything u want :D
Hey, thanks for you help. SuperClick keeps freezing whenever I begin the root process. It gets to a point where it hangs at "Waiting for device...". Sometimes my phone is not recognized by the USB port on my laptop.

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks for you help. SuperClick keeps freezing whenever I begin the root process. It gets to a point where it hangs at "Waiting for device...". Sometimes my phone is not recognized by the USB port on my laptop.

Yup...thats what kept me from rooting for about a month until i figured out how to get those darned stinking drivers. LOL windows sucks with drivers! No phone will properly just install its drivers the first time u plug it in...and that really bugs me a lot!

SO what i did was i installed Samsung Kies. Just install that program and i let it install the drivers during installation process...plug in ur device and u shud be fine...try superoneclick then.

Also, in superoneclick if u r stuck in step 5 or 6...wait max 10 minutes. otherwise just reboot phone and keep trying again and again. took me a million tries to get it right the first time. dont worry this step was the hardest for me. only because of stupid drivers!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Whenever I try and go into Recovery, I end up at that blue menu, e.g., 'reinstall packages', 'delete all user data', etc. The following is what always appears beneath the menu:

--Movi_check already executed!!...
--movi_checking done!...

update media, please wait
update media, finished

--Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

--Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Installation aborted.

I've tried to Unroot via Super1Click, rebooted my phone, then gone back into Super and tried to root again, it tells me I'm already rooted. Should I try and unroot (please direct me to this) and then do the process over? Thanks for being patient.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Whenever I try and go into Recovery, I end up at that blue menu, e.g., 'reinstall packages', 'delete all user data', etc. The following is what always appears beneath the menu:

--Movi_check already executed!!...
--movi_checking done!...

update media, please wait
update media, finished

--Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

--Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Installation aborted.

I've tried to Unroot via Super1Click, rebooted my phone, then gone back into Super and tried to root again, it tells me I'm already rooted. Should I try and unroot (please direct me to this) and then do the process over? Thanks for being patient.

U r rooted then. good job. now did u install modded 3e recovery?

Upvote 0
Hmm i got it!
I downloaded this file
it should be a .zip file
Then i put it in the root of my sdcard and renamed it "Update.zip" (case sensitive)

So to fix your problem...move your current Update.zip file somewhere else into another folder to keep it safe and backed up. Next, download that file above and rename it to Update.zip and put in the root of your sdcard where the old one was. Then reboot into recovery and reinstall packages twice...good luck

Sources: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-samsung-infuse-4g-how-to/

Upvote 0
Hmm i got it!
I downloaded this file
it should be a .zip file
Then i put it in the root of my sdcard and renamed it "Update.zip" (case sensitive)

So to fix your problem...move your current Update.zip file somewhere else into another folder to keep it safe and backed up. Next, download that file above and rename it to Update.zip and put in the root of your sdcard where the old one was. Then reboot into recovery and reinstall packages twice...good luck

Sources: Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Samsung Infuse 4G [How To]
Your link to "this file" did not work.

Upvote 0
If your final goal is to flash new roms. You can flash infused 2.2.3 (gingerbread) and cwm is already on it. The only drawback is you can't go back without returning to stock (gingerbread roms cannot be returned to froyo). So if you are comfortable to do it, here you go. Might want to get titanium backup and use it first. You can only restore apps with data only.

Need to be rooted and download ( sgs kernel flasher) from android market.

[ROM] Infused v2.2.3 - (09/23) - xda-developers is how you do it. Read entire first post.

CWM or ROM both work. I like the CWM way myself. Follow the directions exactly and you should be go to go.

This is a great rom. Thanks go to GTG465x always!

Upvote 0
Mohammad and alwaysfishing,

I FINALLY was able to get into Recovery and flash the Infused ROM. So far, it's looking great, and FAST, too.

I want to thank both of your for your guidance and encouragement. This is a great site.

Thanks again!

Best,

AndyRoyd :)

sweeeeet! :D u can also check out XDA its helpful as well Samsung Infuse 4G - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones