• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

about to receive lg g2x #2 !!

louf

Lurker
May 1, 2011
well im finally a part of everyones elses problems... tmobile decided to exchange my g2x for another because after their useless troubleshooting the phone still had its issues occuring ... they even made me reset the phone and delete everything on it... I just kept asking when will LG release the software update that will prob solve all these problems ... and they could only say soon and I would be notified when the software update would be available... I have a feeling swapping phones is just a waste of time and the replacement will be just as bad as my original??!! and maybe even in not as good condition as mine since the phone that is being sent out is prob refurbished and not new... yesterday the 6th of june they told me the phone is out of stock till the following monday the 13th of june and then it would take another 5 business days for me to receive the phone! I was seriously pissed.... the rep actually decided to have the phone shipped three day express by ups and credit my account the charge of 21.98 for the service so I do not pay for the quicker shipping ... was surprised she did that ...but I received this phone after going the customer loyalty dept with tmobile and im assuming they dont want me to have any more issues with tmobile ... ok now today got text from tmobile saying phone was shipped out today LOL!! was supposed to go out next monday first of all .. lol.... now I checked the shipping and it says overnight ? that perfect looks like im acutally getting taken care of but it would be even better if for someone reason LG decided to fix their product and release the update because like i said the 2nd phone im receiving will prob have the same issues .. rebooting , freezing , not unlocking from sleep mode, etc...

now are there any apps you guys are staying away from that might make the g2x run worse..??

and also how many phones have some of you out there already gone through ?

You're right about that.
None of mine have had just reboots. It's usually a combination of issues. Only my 2nd one had crazy reboot issues.
I'm also seeing the battery drain issue on this fourth one. My full battery drained down to 33% within three and a half hours today with minimal use. I just put a fresh one in at 1:30 and will monitor it more closely. I've been getting great battery life on all the others.

Edit: No. I must have misread that. 5 hrs in this battery still has 50%, so that's about what I've been expriencing...10-12 hrs with easy use. Hard use lots less, but that's to be expected. Battery use has never been one of my complaints.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones