1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General About to throw it out the window

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pseudonimo, Jan 5, 2014.

1. pseudonimo

pseudonimo Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Female
    Los Angeles
    I've had this beautiful phone for about a week and I'm so frustrated. I know there is a learning curve coming from an iPhone, but I'm about to lose my mind. And NOW the screen is flickering and driving me batsh*t.

Please help. I can read tips here and on YouTube to help me learn to use the phone properly, but the screen thing is really bad.

PS: is there anywhere I can get a one on one lesson and ask all the questions I have? That may be a nice little side business for those of you who are experienced Android power users. Heck, I'd pay for a Skype session to help me!

Advertisement

2. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    How long has your screen been flickering? Did you download anything and it start? What are your questions?

3. pseudonimo

pseudonimo Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Female
    Los Angeles
    Screen has been flickering since last night. I thought it would go away. It had been about two days since I downloaded anything.

I have a ton of questions, seriously. Wish I could just sit down with someone for an hour and get it all over with. :dong:

4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    Screen flickering is usually a good indicator of getting a lemon. Just in case it is an app causing it, I would recommend performing a factory reset to see if that remedies the issue. If not, I'd make a warranty claim.

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Flickering as in the brightness changes annoyingly? Use the app Lux. It takes a little time to setup but it's much better than the stock auto-brightness.

This is my fifth Android phone and I think it's great. You can call me any time to ask questions.

jhawkkw likes this.
  6. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2012
    It's CAB. Know kernel issue, waiting for LG to fix. More people need to report it directly. Lux really tones it down. Certain widgets can make it go kind of crazy.

NewWaveGuy and jhawkkw like this.
  7. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    Male
    Chemist
    First thing, to fix my screen flickering I simple disabled the stock weather widget! I have not had one flicker since. If for some reason you just REALLY love that widget take the brightness off of "auto brightness". There is a really simple toggle in the notification area that controls the screen brightness that is very useful if not using auto brightness (I am currently using auto bright since the flickering issue and still find I need to toggle sometimes). There is a great alternate weather widget made called "1Weather" that I actually prefer to the stock (more accurate, more options for hourly/extended/... forecasts and beautiful active and passive graphics!). Hope this helps.

8. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    LOL, was that one of the fixes ? [the weather widget]... i always disable crap that manufacturer's put in the ROM, maybe this is why i do not get any kind of flickering.

9. jwbwd2

jwbwd2 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    Male
    Chemist
    razvan06, this WAS the fix for me for the flickering (again, I don't always use auto brightness but when I do it flickered before I disable the weather widget). I sounds crazy but it worked. I would remove/unistall/disable all of the bloatware but I have first hand experienced phone functionality suffering after doing this. I don't root my phones because I am a broke working man and need to keep my warranty and insurance valid in case something happens to my phone.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: