1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

about to trip knox, few last questions before I take the plunge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danhowlett, Oct 5, 2014.

1. danhowlett

danhowlett Lurker

Hi I'm new to the forum and android but I have spent many hours reading as much info as possible. I'm going to root my g900f which has the new kernel so towelroot won't work*. So i will be going down the cf auto route. I'm planning on staying on the standard rom for the time being but have read some issues with apps and play store etc after tripping knox. Can anyone tell me exactly what issues I will have after tripping know and will i be able to receive ota updates if I'm on the standard rom? Sorry if this is all a bit noob.*

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

to the best of my knowledge tripping knox only affects your ability to claim warranty on the phone, i dont think it should affect any apps etc. You should be able to receive ota updates but that would break root and you would need to re root the phone again.

danhowlett likes this.
  3. smith058

smith058 Android Expert

You will have no issue with your phone at all if you trip the Knox flag. the only issue you will come across is if you work for a company that requires the security that knocks provides

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews