• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help About upgrading firmware

Hi Kaye, you might want to look in this forum, which is all about the Galaxy Ace. From a quick scan, it appears to me that 2.3.4 is the latest official version but there are numerous aftermarket ROMs available for the phone that you could install if you're adventurous.

Visit here for a list of fixes and additions in Android OS starting with 2.3.5. I thought that the stock browser was improved for 2.3.5 but I don't see it explicitly mentioned there.

Upvote 0
Hi KayeNg,
I don't know where you live. In some countries updates are available. I have upgraded to 2.3.5 with "Kies" (so the official way). Had no problems yet. But I haven't had this phone very long. It is said that with 2.3.5 some Wifi problems and SOD ("Sleep of Death") are history. But there are lots of posts that say otherwise.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones