1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

abroad for two months, swiped google data and can't setup my google account via wifi

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by oppo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. oppo

oppo Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Hello all, I'm on android 1.5 on a LG GW620, from an operator called bouygues telecom in France- but have moved to Japan for two months, bringing the phone.
    it connects to local networks such as docomo or softbank and I have wifi enabled where i'm staying.
    everything was going fine until i tried to modify my google account details by clearing the data, because I wanted to switch the account.

Since then I can't validate any google gmail account, and hence can't access the market.
    i can't connect to the "google servers" via wifi, even though i had no problems before running android market before swiping the google data...
    I get stuck on "your phone is communicating with google servers and setting up your account", followed by a " can't establish a reliable data connection to the server- this could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisionned for data services. If it continues call customer care"
    all this with a wifi connection which is working fine on the phone...

my phone company's french but i'm temporarily in japan, and I think there's probably a link. I never thought i wouldn't be able validate the gmail account through wifi...
    i'm here for a while, and can't use a japanese provider since mobile phones are for residents only, with loads of paperwork- and especially since the phone works (wifi, SMS, connection to local networks, and internet through wifi)- but i can't use any google account requiring apps.

I've tried to root the phone, under ubuntu, because i thought this might help, following this procedure here http://androidforums.com/eve-all-th...-rogers-rooting-guide-remove-rogers-apps.html
    siimply adding ./ to what's described hereand I think it worked.... but can't download any terminal or apps to test it out.... I think it worked because everything went well and I have an app called "superuser whitelist"
    can't install super user or any app either...since i end up on the setup google account screen, which won't connect to a google server on my french phone here in japan...

is there a way to fix this, I'd like to be able to download apps like i did before here through wifi, and check if the phone is now rooted? I'd really like to remove some of the junk installed on the phone such as the eurosport app etc

any clues or tips as to what I could try out?
    I have a ubuntu running pc, mac os 10.6 and windows 7 available here.

thanks

Advertisement

2. oppo

oppo Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    bump. is there any way to fix this?
    thanks for your help

o