• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AC charging problem? 100% to 92% in 2 minutes by doing nothing.

kkl1993

Apr 28, 2010
Florida
When I charge my Incredible with the AC charger, it is fine. But right when I unplug the USB (at 100%), the battery would drop to 92% in 2 minutes with me not doing anything at all. Then I plug it in my CAR charger and when it reaches 100% everything is perfectly fine. The phone still last all day with a lot of usage. But just wondering if anyone knows why the battery drops to 92% so fast?

When I charge my Incredible with the AC charger, it is fine. But right when I unplug the USB (at 100%), the battery would drop to 92% in 2 minutes with me not doing anything at all. Then I plug it in my CAR charger and when it reaches 100% everything is perfectly fine. The phone still last all day with a lot of usage. But just wondering if anyone knows why the battery drops to 92% so fast?

Charge the phone until the led light turns green. Then unplug, turn the power OFF (Don't just put it to sleep, power the phone off completely) then plug it in (the led light should now be red) charge until the light turns green again, probably like 10 or 20 minutes. Makes a big difference!

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/75296-order-get-full-battery-charge.html

Upvote 0
Try charging it with it turned off. For some reason it doesn't seem to get a full charge if it is on while charging up.

that's not exactly it. if you take it off of the charger right as the light turns from orange to green then you'll actually have a full charge. if you let it charge overnight then you'll wake to a phone that quickly falls into the mid 90's.

i took mine off of the charger the other day right as it turned green and it stayed at 100% for just over an hour, and then dropped roughly 1% every hour.

Upvote 0
that's not exactly it. if you take it off of the charger right as the light turns from orange to green then you'll actually have a full charge. if you let it charge overnight then you'll wake to a phone that quickly falls into the mid 90's.

This is a great point. I just added it to my thread 'In order to get a full battery charge' mentioned above.

Upvote 0

i took mine off of the charger the other day right as it turned green and it stayed at 100% for just over an hour, and then dropped roughly 1% every hour.

I do have to agree that all this on/off nonsense is not how I want to spend my days and I think its not helping the phone in the long run. But you are the first person I have seen that has managed to get 100 hours or 4 days 4 hours on a single charge, so just tell me what I need to do ;)

Reactions: howarmat
Upvote 0
im under the impression that if you charge the phone while it is on, that it will not actually charge it to 100%..

And that the only way to get 100% is to power it down and charge it from there..

The instant 7 or so percent drop right after you unplug it from charging while it is on is freaking annoying.

Thank god i got the 1750 Seidio battery and dont have to really worry about turning it off to get a full charge.. i can now easily make it through the day now with the 1750 battery.

;)

Upvote 0
i have even tried charging it while its off and it still does that. And with the link you gave me when i charge it to 100% and turn it off, it drains it to 92% instantly. I charge it to 100%, it goes to 92%, I charge it again to 100% then its fine. The performance of my battery is good even with this problem.

Upvote 0
Two things that the above are missing:

1) The "battery indicator" does not directly monitor the battery. It monitors voltage, so it's not totally accurate. It's a good indicator, but if it suddenly drops five percent in ten seconds it doesn't mean your battery actually collapsed.

2) There's a chance you have stuff open that's running perpetually in the background. From the home screen, hit menu -> settings -> phone info -> battery, and see what your awake time is. If it's almost the same as up time, it means your phone isn't sleeping and that's why your battery dropped so fast.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Up time- 10 hours 41 minutes
Awake time- 46 minutes

The battery only drains when it reaches 100% the first time charge. But after if I charge it a second time to 100%, it stays, and doesn't drop like that. But whatever I got a home charger and a car charger, no need to worry then. Thanks for all the help though.

Upvote 0
Its just a software issue. The update being pushed out fixes this issue. I had the same problem and as soon as I got the update is was fixed.

what update is this? if it is the ota that we got a few weeks back, then that didn't fix the problem as most everyone has gotten that update and most everyone still has the battery drain issue.

If you are talking about a new update I haven't heard about it, but that would be great news.

Upvote 0
I do have to agree that all this on/off nonsense is not how I want to spend my days and I think its not helping the phone in the long run. But you are the first person I have seen that has managed to get 100 hours or 4 days 4 hours on a single charge, so just tell me what I need to do ;)

the 1% an hour was with the phone sitting idle in standby. obviously if you use it you'll be using more than 1% an hour. but if the phone is sitting idle non stop i could easily see it lasting 3 days, maybe 4.

Upvote 0
just spouting nonsense. but aren't all batteries only good for a certain number of charges? if you waste half your charges on 5-8% charges then you'll shortening battery life.

Thtas a chance I'm willing to take. Have to do the charging trick to get more than 9 or 10 hours with almost no usage. I have a replacement phone coming but something tells me its not going to fix it .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones