• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AC Market

taiowa

Dec 28, 2009
Texas
Everytime I've download AC Market (no matter where I get the download from or how safe the site says that the app is, even AC Markets legitimate site) I always get a big VIRUS ALERT from both virus scanners I have which are ESET and Kaspersky.

Android/TrojanDownloader.Agent.KE

What's up with that?

Reactions: MrJavi
Form what I believe is the AC Market web site they falsely claim

"You may receive AC Market is not safe like notifications on your Android phone. It is because Android system does not allowed to have another App store. That’s why it push notifications to uninstall it."

That statement is not true and has no validity whatsoever.

https://www.acmarket-app.com/is-ac-market-safe/

I have never gotten a virus alert form installation of any third party app stores.

Screenshot_2020-06-12-15-01-42.png

I'm not advocating theses stores but just posting to prove a point. Its my opinion if i catch the web site in a blatant lie, I don't trust them nor their app, but thats just me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

'You may receive AC Market is not safe like notifications on your Android phone. It is because Android system does not allowed to have another App store. That’s why it push notifications to uninstall it.'

I have never gotten a virus alert form installation of any third party app stores.

View attachment 151392

I'm not advocating theses stores but just posting to prove a point. Its my opinion if i catch the web site in a blatant lie, I don't trust them nor their app, but thats just me.
smilie.png

I have 5 of your apps listed as well. I've read just about everywhere that AC Market is safe and I don't go just grabbing any old AC Market download. I find one that's updated and one that states is clean and has been tested for viruses, yet I still up downloading the app that my antivirus says is infected.lol! Just my luck, right?

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0

"You may receive AC Market is not safe like notifications on your Android phone. It is because Android system does not allowed to have another App store. That’s why it push notifications to uninstall it."

View attachment 151392

I'm not advocating theses stores but just posting to prove a point. Its my opinion if i catch the web site in a blatant lie, I don't trust them nor their app, but thats just me. :)

FWIW I have a choice of app stores as well.
Screenshot_20200613_105913_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Upvote 0
I have 5 of your apps listed as well. I've read just about everywhere that AC Market is safe and I don't go just grabbing any old AC Market download. I find one that's updated and one that states is clean and has been tested for viruses, yet I still up downloading the app that my antivirus says is infected.lol! Just my luck, right?
Maybe. But let's consider the facts: AC know that downloads of their app produce these warnings. Rather than address the reason they tell people to ignore the warnings based on a lie that they made up. Is that responsible behaviour?

The best interpretation of this is that they don't know why these warnings occur, can't be bothered to investigate and made up a lie instead. So if anyone does download an infected copy they see AC telling them to ignore warnings and just install it. And that's the best case: the worst case is that they are distributing an infected app (knowingly or because they are using a dodgy SDK in their development) and, through malice or laziness, telling people to install it anyway.

The trouble with people telling you it is safe is that you don't know how up-to-date their information is, how independent it is (fake recommendations from people with an interest in the app are hardly unknown on the internet), and what it's based on (did they swallow AC's story uncritically without checking? Are they using it themselves and aren't aware of any problem and so assuming it's OK? Are they just repeating what other people say without checking themselves?). The quality of the information is more important than the number of people repeating it.

I've no vested interest in this one way or another. But if I were in your position I'd personally not ignore the warning, and would probably look for an alternative market app.

Upvote 0
Everytime I've download AC Market (no matter where I get the download from or how safe the site says that the app is, even AC Markets legitimate site) I always get a big VIRUS ALERT from both virus scanners I have which are ESET and Kaspersky.

Android/TrojanDownloader.Agent.KE

What's up with that?
ACMarket is a completely safe application. By installing it, our device will not be infected with any virus or malicious code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones