• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aCar - Track your vehicles

Hi Armond, great job on the app and all the updates and support. One question I have is I recently installed the app on a new phone I purchased and the Status & Trends table on the aCar home page is now missing. Was there a setting hidden somewhere that I need to check to get this table to show up on the home page again. Thanks for your help, keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Downloaded aCar many months ago, only recently started using it after a costly repair from lack of a good maintenance schedule.

Donated for the PRO version and also recommended to a friend. Not sure he's become a PRO user yet, but in time he likely will.

Online data synchronization is already in my todo list.

Any progress on this? I have the same use case as the person you were replying to (I keep most records, maintenance, schedules, etc. and the wife just inputs fill ups.)

Thanks for the great app!

Upvote 0
This is a very good app but I was wondering if there was a way to just put in the odometer reading by itself. I want to keep up with my oil changes but cant find where to put the updated odometer reading.

I've been using this app for quite a while now and I believe it tracks your kms by when you enter your odometer for gas fillups or any other cost that asks you for your odometer reading. Based on this it seems to calculate your average kms per time period to predict when your next oil change will be needed.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I emailed Armond about adding recurring payments to aCar for car payment and insurance and stuff like that. He said it's been requested before, but he has a lot of requests for things to add. So if more people email him about adding recurring payments it will get added sooner. If you think adding recurring payments is a good idea, please email him to ask for it to be added.

ZoneWalker.com

Upvote 0
Love this app too. To be perfect for me, I am hoping for a few enhancements:

1) Ability to use GPS for Gas Station Location rather than input
2) Being able to see other cars on other phones (wife's car)
3) Ability to scan in Repair receipts so that I no longer have to keep paper copies

I have thought of one more feature I would love to have with this app.

4) Ability to decide which cars you want notifications about and which you do not. for instance I have all my cars in ACar. One of my cars is an antique that I never drive. I keep getting notifications to replace tires, oil change, etc. for this antique. I am forced to turn off ALL notifications because I cannot tell ACAR to give notifications for all cars EXCEPT the antique.

Upvote 0
I have thought of one more feature I would love to have with this app.

4) Ability to decide which cars you want notifications about and which you do not. for instance I have all my cars in ACar. One of my cars is an antique that I never drive. I keep getting notifications to replace tires, oil change, etc. for this antique. I am forced to turn off ALL notifications because I cannot tell ACAR to give notifications for all cars EXCEPT the antique.

You can customize the service intervals per vehicle. What you need to do is:
Click "Reminders", then select the antique vehicle in the top vehicle selector bar. Then click the little "settings" drop-down on the top right and select "Edit".

From there, you can set custom intervals for all reminders, including disabling certain ones for certain vehicles.

I use this for things like differential fluid reminders. I have two, front/rear, but one of my vehicles is only 2 wheel drive and I don't need a reminder to change the front differential fluid. Similarly, I have different transmission intervals for my manual transmission than I do my automatic transmissions.

Reactions: Holydoc
Upvote 0
You can customize the service intervals per vehicle. What you need to do is:
Click "Reminders", then select the antique vehicle in the top vehicle selector bar. Then click the little "settings" drop-down on the top right and select "Edit".

From there, you can set custom intervals for all reminders, including disabling certain ones for certain vehicles.

I use this for things like differential fluid reminders. I have two, front/rear, but one of my vehicles is only 2 wheel drive and I don't need a reminder to change the front differential fluid. Similarly, I have different transmission intervals for my manual transmission than I do my automatic transmissions.
I am a new acar pro user (and really like it!) and was wondering if there is an easy way to 'dismiss' an individual reminder alert which would reset that service alert until the next scheduled alert -- Is "silence" the same as dismiss?

I also see selections like disable notifications which I interpret will stop alerting me on a scheduled basis, which I do not want to do

Thanks for any thoughts! Rick

Upvote 0
I LOVE this APP, but it needs one thing, the ability to sync with another user like the app "Grocery Smart" does. It would allow me to consolidate information my wife logs in on her phone with info I add on my phone and make life so much easier. I also have a question, how can one go about recovering back ups for the free version? Thanks!

That is exactly my request too. This would allow my wife to fill up the car, log it into her ACAR, which would then immediately update my ACAR on my phone. Currently she has to keep receipts, write down the odometer setting, and hand them to me when she gets home so that we can log them into my ACAR on my phone. That is WAY too much work for her.

Upvote 0
I LOVE this APP, but it needs one thing, the ability to sync with another user like the app "Grocery Smart" does. It would allow me to consolidate information my wife logs in on her phone with info I add on my phone and make life so much easier. I also have a question, how can one go about recovering back ups for the free version? Thanks!

That is exactly my request too. This would allow my wife to fill up the car, log it into her ACAR, which would then immediately update my ACAR on my phone. Currently she has to keep receipts, write down the odometer setting, and hand them to me when she gets home so that we can log them into my ACAR on my phone. That is WAY too much work for her.

Here's my update request... I want my wife to log information in ACAR, or just keep up with a gas receipt! :D

Seriously, I love the app. Went PRO like 5 mins after I downloaded it. Probably the best I've used so far (which is a lot). I believe being able to "update" the mileage would be a worth while feature. How about reports or tracking units by hours run, are they in the works?

Upvote 0
I recently upgraded from a S2 to S5 and forgot to back up my aCar data before installing on my S5. Now, the app is showing as "not installed" on my S2, and I have no idea how to get the data back.

Do I just need to reinstall it on the S2, then export, then install again on the S5? Surely there is a better way (?)
If you uninstalled it from the S2, and did not backup the data, even reinstalling the app won't bring back lost data. Typically app data are deleted on uninstalling the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones