• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

accelerometer calibration?

I'm having trouble with my accelerometer with respect to calibration. I tried playing Raging Thunder (driving game) and my car pulls badly to the right. My friend has the Incredible and he can do a quick calibration by placing his phone on a flat level surface and hitting a calibrate button. Can't find any such tool on the Captivate. Anybody?

Reactions: Jofaba
I discovered that the game "PapiJump" has a calibration tool in its settings menu. Plus, the game is free so you don't need a special tool to do this.

Yea, but is that a "calibration tool" just for the game that measures the offset of the accelerometer and adjusts the game or does it truly calibrate the accelerometer? I'm betting it's the former, not the latter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones