• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accelerometer Issue

cwagmire

Feb 10, 2012
Hey all. Just got the Droid Razr Maxx yesterday and have loved it so far. However, I noticed the accelerometer wasn't working. I googled it and found some people saying restarting it fixes it, but it seemed to be temporary.

Is there a possibility my phone has an issue and I should return it or is this a defect with Razr Maxx's? Thanks.

Hey all. Just got the Droid Razr Maxx yesterday and have loved it so far. However, I noticed the accelerometer wasn't working. I googled it and found some people saying restarting it fixes it, but it seemed to be temporary.

Is there a possibility my phone has an issue and I should return it or is this a defect with Razr Maxx's? Thanks.

Download the "Bubble Level" app in the Google Play Store (AKA the Market). It is a digital level, if you are familiar with framing tools. You will know in about 5 seconds whether or not the accelerometer is working. If it isn't, I wouldn't wait long to return for exchange under warranty. Good Luck!

Reactions: cwagmire
Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue with my maxx. It'll work fine and then stop working. A restart fixes it, but it's only temporary. Any chance it could be an app that is causing the problem? My guess is the updated facebook app. It's frustrating and when it stops working, it is across the board; not just one app.

Is this possible or does my phone have an issue? Phone works fine otherwise.

Upvote 0
I have 2 Razr Maxxs for research purposes, and it happens on both of them. I have to develop an application that tracks the accelerometer through out an entire day, and both devices' accelerometers stop working randomly. Very frustrating. If it was happening to just 1 of them, I could see it being an issue with a defective device, but seeing these posts, and seeing that it happens to both devices, I'd say it was an issue with the Razr Maxx in general. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones