1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accelerometer out of position

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Aurvan, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Aurvan

Aurvan Newbie

Jan 12, 2010
    My accelerometer is not reading the angle of the phone right. When I play Teeter I have to keep the phone on a sharpe angle to keep the ball still, and I feel I have to rotate it extra to go into landscape mode.

Now the question is... how do I readjust the accelerometer?

Phone: Generic HTC Magic.

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Android Expert

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    I'm not sure but I think it's a hardware thing , so maybe you have to send it back for repair or replacement :)

3. lekky

lekky Lover

The only way to reset the accelerometer is to do a hard reset unfortunately. No need to send it back, but you need to backup your data before resetting it, (to be able to restore it once the hard reset wipes your phone)

4. Aurvan

Aurvan Newbie

Jan 12, 2010
    Apparently a lot of people are having similar problems. Hard reset didn't work for them. Apps that have calibrations are no problem (I tried the app "Bubble" and it worked great) but it appears the "global" calibration is off. So obviously it's a software issue, and it's strange there is no built in global calibration (yet).

5. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Android Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2010
  6. Did you try calibrating the accelerometer in the settings or is that not an option on your phone?

7. Aurvan

Aurvan Newbie

Jan 12, 2010
    I have a HTC Magic, but running MyHero ROM. I haven't found any settings. Where in the settings can I find it if I have it?