1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accept OTA or Not

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlm41, May 23, 2011.

1. jlm41

jlm41 Newbie

I am TB user since last 2 weeks.

On current I have 2 issues:
    - Location is off by 1 mile in Google maps.
    - No audio in video recording

Should I accept OTA update to fix this issue? I read many are having reboot issues. I don't want to accept OTA update and have reboot issues.

Should I wait for another OTA ?

Please advice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Its awful

3. karmajack

karmajack Lurker

I would wait for another Update or Fix. The random reboots are a much bigger headache than any other pre update issues. Some people even report having the same GPS issues after the update. I suggest getting the GPS Status & Toolbox app and run that to try and help your GPS. Other than that, play the waiting game that we all are, but with a phone that doesn't reboot several times a day. I didnt do the update on my GF's TB, only mine, and now I'm envious.

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I thought the OTA update was put on hold by verizon, but somehow my phone started trying to update on its own. I had to cancel the update based on all the threads I've seen on here.

5. Max Q

Max Q Lurker

I've been current for about a week now and have had none of these issues that people are describing.

Is my TBolt going to explode?

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Do not do the update as the odds are stacked against you that you will have reboot problems after you install the update.

7. grossie

grossie Member

My vote is don't install. I personally downloaded it but after reading about the reboot issues I did not install.

8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Based on my limited experience with the update, it's location based as far as the reboot. If you're in a good location then you shouldn't have reboot issues. If you switch to 3g only, I think the reboots will be less frequent.

9. fabulas

fabulas Newbie

Nooooooooooooooo, mine reboots like crazy!!!!!!!!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews