1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Access data on G3 with broken screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pdonahue, Mar 7, 2016.

1. pdonahue

pdonahue Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    I recently broke the screen on my G3 - again! The screen is on but doesn't respond. Is there a way to access data on the phone without screen access? For example how can I run google account sync for my contacts and calendar which I can then sync with my backup phone (I don't use auto-sync by choice)? It would also be great to access Mybackup Pro which is on both my G3 and my backup phone, a G2, as this would allow me to access much more than can be sync'd via my google accounts. I have read about using an MHL to female HDMI and USB cables but don't think the G3 supports MHL. Can I use simple mirroring to do what I'm suggesting? The G3 is not rooted.
    Cheers
    Peter

Advertisement

2. tonyjohnson

tonyjohnson Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    Buy an OTG cable. It plugs into the charge port with a female usb at the other end. You can connect a mouse and do anything you need to do. Its only around 5 bucks and would come in handy if you ever break your screen again. I've used it on my G3 and most new phones are compatible.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: