1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Access Google Photos when in the facebook App

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Campo, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Campo

Campo Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2016
    Male
    Hi All,

I Just got a new Nexus 6. Before I got this new phone I uploaded all the photos from my camera roll on my old phone to google photos. (there were thousands of photos).

My question is, is there a way to access the photos saved on my google photos account when directly in the facebook app? When I goto upload a photo or insert a photo comment it only shows the photos saved on the phones camera roll. I want to be able to view my google photos and select from there like many other apps allow you to do so.

Is this feature specifically blocked by facebook? Is there a way around it? I dont want to have to redownload all the 1000's of photos back onto my phone as they will take up too much space.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Sorry, there's no other way to do this. You'll need to download them onto your phone first.

tube517 likes this.
  3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    You would have to go to the photo in Google Photos and share it to Facebook and it will download the picture.

If you have alot of pictures, then you would be better off downloading what you plan to post on Facebook ahead of time.

psionandy and Dannydet like this.