• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Access Internet From Laptop to Mobile using USB tethering (Reverse)

You can't. Laptops don't have the tech built in. It can receive wifi signals, but it can't send a them out. ....edit unless you have either something attached or built in.

Just get a mobile hotspot. It's a device that you carry with you that will allow laptops and phones to connect. You will need to pay a monthly plan though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Hello All,

I want to use my Laptop internet on my mobile using USB tethering (reverse), Can anyone help me out is it possible.?

Thank you

I'm pretty sure that can't be done. I have Macbooks, and they don't have internet sharing to USB, and I presume it's the same for PC(Windows) laptops.

How is your laptop connected to the internet? If it's via an Ethernet cable, you could enable internet sharing via WiFi(the laptop becomes a WiFi hotspot), and connect the phone that way. I was doing this for a while in a place I was staying that only had Ethernet, and no WiFi.

But if the laptop is connected via WiFi, then just connect your phone to the same WiFi network?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones