1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

access to files upon pc connection has stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alanhiggs, Apr 19, 2012.

1. alanhiggs

alanhiggs Lurker

Hello, Galaxy Note & Windows7 PC

I connect ok to PC as normal plus also in Kies. It shows my GT N7000 connected as normal in Device Manager. I start opening down the File Manager but when I come to DCM or Music the wait icon spins a bit and just says "0 files". It has been fine for 5 months.

I try my wife's Galaxy S2 and that works perfectly so cables and PC are fine. It must be my Galaxy Note running Gingerbread 2.3.6

So its not a connection problem cos it connects. My photos are on the phones memory and music on the added SD card but it wont access either, well it says it does but "0 files". Therefore I cannot transfer photos to PC from phone or add music to phone from PC !!

All I have tried so far is a Phone shutdown and battery removal. The phone is working perfectly and has had no problems at all in its 5 month life.

Any ideas please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. salla43

salla43 Well-Known Member

Do you simply connect and "plug and play" or use the USB connection utility in the Settings menu to connect?

I had your problem with the plug and play type of connection regularly until i started to use the USB connection utility.

3. alanhiggs

alanhiggs Lurker

Ah salla43. I was using plug & play as I never knew that USB connect facility existed !
    Its perfect now thank you very much for your help :)

4. salla43

salla43 Well-Known Member

glad to have been able to help. I didnt know either, stumbled across it after living with intermittent P&P results. I even lost all my music at one point using P&P, trying to move the folder contents from one folder to another it just all disappeared! Was not a happy bunny. It does amaze me that the bofs at samsung can't get it together and disable P&P altogether OR provide a consistently working version :)

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews