• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessibility Issue

I have recently bought the Moto G8 Power Lite. I am pleased pleased with the phone apart from one issue which relates to the Accessibility menu. I have 3 apps which need to have accessibility all the time. That is Lastpass, AppMgr III and Kaspersky. I don't need the Accessibility Menu on. If I switch it to Off then the Accessibility Service for these 3 apps get turned on while the phone is on. This is really annoying. My previous phone was a Moto G4 plus which did not exhibit this issue. Is does appear that this is a common issue.

I have now noticed that it switches Kaspersky off even with the Accessibility menu on, when I switch the phone off and then on again. I'm not sure if this a Android 9 issue or Moto G8 one.

I would welcome any advice please

Martyn

I have recently bought the Moto G8 Power Lite. I am pleased pleased with the phone apart from one issue which relates to the Accessibility menu. I have 3 apps which need to have accessibility all the time. That is Lastpass, AppMgr III and Kaspersky. I don't need the Accessibility Menu on. If I switch it to Off then the Accessibility Service for these 3 apps get turned on while the phone is on. This is really annoying. My previous phone was a Moto G4 plus which did not exhibit this issue. Is does appear that this is a common issue.

I have now noticed that it switches Kaspersky off even with the Accessibility menu on, when I switch the phone off and then on again. I'm not sure if this a Android 9 issue or Moto G8 one.

I would welcome any advice please

Martyn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-223936.png
    Screenshot_20200719-223936.png
    139 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
first off i would ditch kaspersky. with android there really is no need for a anti-virus app. i have been using android phones, since it's conception. and i never have used any anti-virus apps on my phones. i have never been hacked or had any adware or malware infect my phones. you just need to use common sense when downloading and installing apps and such.

second, i'm not exactly sure i understand your issue. and just keep in mind that i do not have your phone. i'm not sure why you would want to turn off the accessibilty menu? and why do you not want to have accessibilty turned on for all 3 apps? don't they need it to be turned on in order to run properly?

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
As @ocnbrze says, ditch the security apps.

The assessibility setting of the apps involved should not be affected when you leave the Accessibility Menu.

The only other way these could be getting switched off is if something else is force stopping the apps.

Do you use any other apps that force stop apps, such as Greenify, SuperfreezZ, or anything like them?
Are you stopping the apps yourself?

Check the permissions settings for each app to ensure that the permissions needed for them to run are granted.

Then check the Battery Optimization settings to be sure that the apps you want to stay running are NOT optimized.

Another neat trick is to add a quick tile to your quick settings menu (the menu you can pull down from the top of the screen) for the apps you want to keep running if this option is available to you.

I don't know about Lastpass, but I use Bitwarden and I put the quick tile in my quicksettings menu and the app is always on now.

In fact, this works for any app that I have done this for.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones