1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessibility issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Levvy, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Levvy

Levvy Lurker

Greetings. I have a tremor that seems to be getting worse and sometimes I have difficulty scrolling on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I saw under Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Universal switch > switches > Camera and I'd like to use the head movement feature to scroll and maybe even adjust volume (not as important).
    I added these switches 'Turn head right = scroll down or right' , 'Turn head left = scroll up or left' then when turning on it said to add a switch and assign 'select', which I did .
    After allowing the permissions it goes to a screen that says 'Use your switch to tap "OK" within 2 minutes. I'm not sure what 'use your switch' means....if I tap ok with my finger it goes to a menu that isn't useful. I'm guessing I'm going wrong at this step but I don't see anything resembling a switch that I can use to tap the ok.
    Has anyone had experience with setting up this feature?

Any and all help is appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Although I do not have this feature on my devices, and am totally unfamiliar with it-
    It seems probable that you answered your own question within your question-

"I added these switches 'Turn head right = scroll down or right' , 'Turn head left = scroll up or left' then when turning on it said to add a switch and assign 'select', which I did ."

Just a hunch, but I would try using each one of these and see what happens.