• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessibility turning off automatically!

spl4000

Apr 25, 2019
I'm using an Android 9 tablet. I have some apps that use accessibility. But the accessibility for these apps automatically turn off without me going to settings at all. Whoever made it this way: I wish I could throw them off a cliff for that. How do I keep accessibility for these apps on permanently? I really hope there's a way. I did do a search on these forums beforehand. Thank you in advance for your assistance and happy holidays.

Are you using any apps that force stop other apps?
(Greenify or anything like it?)

Force stopping an app often can turn Accessibility off.
That is because for Accessibility to work, those apps have to constantly run.
If the app is stopped, then the Accessibility for that app has to be denied.

And if your device is a low memory device, then it may need to turn off apps to make room for other apps to run.
Also, if you have too many apps using Accessibility, it can slow the device down to a crawl, making it more likely for apps to be shut down.

I have found that you can run one or two apps per GB of RAM (at least on my cheap devices) without noticing it too much, but you can really tell if you exceed that.

Android can and will turn apps off if more memory needs to be allotted to other apps in the foreground.

If apps are installed onto an SD card, this can also cause problems.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
what tablet do you have?
It's a vankyo s8. I forgot the real exact name and model number. And I just want to mention that Im not bumping this thread. The holidays kept me busy.

And thank you for the informative response, puppykickr. I do force stop apps frequently and I had no idea that that turns accessibility off! And I've never heard of greenify.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones