1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessing DLNA Media server (on router) from Note 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twister6, Jul 9, 2013.

1. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Just got Asus RT-N66R router which has USB port to connect storage devices for streaming; also enabled DLNA media server. I googled everywhere but can't find any info how to access these files (have usb stick connected) from Note 2. I tried MediaHouse DLNA browser app, it finds the router, shared directory, but I can't see any files. Using the same MediaHouse app, I'm able to see my Buffalo linkstation NAS hard drive and view files on it, but not from DLNA Media server enabled on the router.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Uh, never mind. ASUS comes with it's own AiCloud app which scans to find the router and gets access to files stored on USB. I was also able to access NAS drive. I tried everything else to access DLNA Media server (UPnPlay app was my last resort) but it didn't work. I guess AiCloud is a workaround.

3. fredchan

fredchan Lurker

I have an RT-N66U with enable "DLNA Media Server". This router is running Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.372_1363 . I have a 4GB USB stick plugged into this router. I installed today MediaHouse (on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 running Android 4.1.1) and it accessed the files on this USB stick fine whether using "share without account" or "share with account". I just played a music Mp3 using MediaHouse accessing USB stick attached to my RT-N66U on the home LAN. No need to use Aicloud.

4. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast

Works fine on my Note 2 and 10.1.

5. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Hmm, I gotta check with firmware again. I thought it was the latest one. So all you do is check DLNA Media Server and that's it? Have you tried steaming movies in addition to songs?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews