• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help accessing folders on phone

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
I am having a complete brain fart. I just transfered to a COP because I was having issues with my other phone. I am trying to set it up like I had with my other phone but for the life of me I cannot remember how to access the download folder on my phone without rooting. I know it is possible because my other phone I wasn't rooted and was able to access the DCIM folder, downloads folder and many other folders.

I mean is there something I am supposed to download or something? I mean I used to be able to hook the phone up to my PC and then access the folders that way, I was also able to view them on my phone itself using a program like astro. But I am not seeing anything but the following folders: .android_secure, .bookmark_thumb1, .estrongs, Android, data, LOST.DIR, slacker, and tmp

Can someone please help me out with this? I would highly appreciate it, because it is driving me nuts!!!

Thanks again...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones