• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessing GMAIL in email app....

ibexcentral

Lurker
Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

I want to access GMAIL account in the email app, when I enter my gmail user and password I get an error:

Checking Incoming Server

Username or password incorrect.

(Web login required. [Failure])

I have set Gmail to IMAP but still not working

Please help I hate that conversations google crap.

Thanks

Hi Joe,

I have installed K9 but I get the same error message with that too:

I know my username and password are right as I have logged in an out of gmail okay.

I have a droid and it uses my gmail account as the main account for marketplace etc is this the problem?

I and trying this over WIFI.

Please help

Thanks

Paul

Upvote 0
Hi Joe,

I have installed K9 but I get the same error message with that too:

I know my username and password are right as I have logged in an out of gmail okay.

I have a droid and it uses my gmail account as the main account for marketplace etc is this the problem?

I and trying this over WIFI.

Please help

Thanks

Paul

Are you entering your username as:

username

or

username @gmail.com

Upvote 0
any one have a fix for this yet? I'm getting this error using k9 and the standard email app on my incredible. It's working fine on the built in gmail app.

I should qualify this more.

Running Incredible
imap account through google apps (not just gmail)
I've tried my username both as @#!#$ and #%#@aaaa.com
absolutely positive all settings are correct for outgoing server, imap.gmail.com (even tried imap.googlemail.com), ssl, port 993

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones