• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessing Phone, screen broken

Tom1997

Lurker
Mar 27, 2017
A few months ago, I managed to drop my phone in a rather deep puddle, and as you can imagine, it broke. I did the whole "Bag of rice" thing, no luck. I came across it again today and put it on the charger, and surprisingly, it's actually turning on. Power + volume buttons work fine, but the touch screen is totally dead. When I try to plug it into my computer, it shows up as "Removable Disk(X: )" but when trying to access it through file explorer, it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk(X: )"

The phone is a Huawei Honor 6, Hi-suite doesn't pick it up either. Is my only choice at this point to get the screen replaced? Or is there some work-around? I have some data on the phone i would very much like to keep, so a factory reset isn't ideal.

I'm not familiar with android or the inner workings of phones at all, so please try to keep any solutions in the most simple language possible.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones