• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessing texts on a phone with a broken screen.

T

trelocke

daughters lcd is broke and i want to be able to pull all of the messages and stuff off of the phone. how do i do that?

note: apply the KISS method, i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to getting access to the core fhiles on a phone; i typically stick to computers.

Eek, I'm not sure there's much you can do. SMS messages are usually stored on the system partition which you'd need root access to get to.

If these happen to be hangouts messages (instant messages) you can probably access them online via your gmail account.

You might (big might) be able to use adb to pull the files/back them up to your PC. It's a little advanced but you said you're familiar with PC, so it might make sense to you. You'd need our forum's mini SDK here. Read posts 1&2.

You'll also want to look at this thread: A backup routine for us all.

Let us know if you have any questions. I wish you the best of luck!!

Reactions: xdrc45
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones