1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories for Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thewireguys, Apr 22, 2012.

1. thewireguys

thewireguys Newbie

Anyone have links to accessories for the phone? Looking for a car mount and desktop charger.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

You can find some accessories right on Verizon's site for the Galaxy Nexus here: Set Your Location

3. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Newbie

I usually get accessories on Ebay. Takes a little while for some of them to ship but they are WAY cheaper.

4. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Seidio has the desktop charger.

5. SMALBA

SMALBA Android Enthusiast

I'm looking for the stock battery for the sprint version. The sprint store didn't have one so where can I get it and what's the size? I don't want a bigger size one that will market phone big I just want the standard one for sprint galaxy Nexus.

6. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

PA Curmudgeon likes this.
  7. veccster

veccster Android Enthusiast

I just bought the mountek dash mount. It uses the cd slot to hold the charger. Since I don't load cds it works well. I like it and reviews all seem positive.

I added an nfc tag so it changes settings (volume, bluetooth, etc) as soon as I dock it. Pretty cool stuff!

jbdan likes this.
  8. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

The NFC tag sounds really cool, how did you do that?

9. thenew3

thenew3 Android Enthusiast

Bought 2 of these last week, both refuse to stick for more than a few minutes.

either I got a bad batch or the suction cups on these are really poorly designed.
    :(

10. veccster

Buy your tags at tagstand - Buy NFC tags, labels, and stickers here..

I bought these:
    tagstand - Logo Type 2 NFC Sticker - Ultralight C - Square (35mm x 35mm)

Make sure you check the box for - $1.20 USD - NDEF Formatted

I bought 6 of them but have only found the use for 1 so far - in my car mount.

Then buy NFC Task Launcher:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS5qd3NvZnQubmZjYWN0aW9ubGF1bmNoZXIiXQ..

It's very easy to set up using that app. You choose your criteria and save. Once you save, it will ask you to tap the phone to the NFC tag to program it. Once programmed, you are good to go.

The only gripe I have is the space on the tag is rather limited - so you can't ask it to do EVERYTHING. I think the solution is integrating it with Tasker but I haven't gotten that far (ie, tap the tag and load a 'task' - which has unlimited potential).

My wife thinks I'm such a dork :cool:

batkinson001 likes this.
  11. batkinson001

batkinson001 Member

Okay that sounds cool. I have my nfc turned off at the moment since I haven't seen any places to use it near where I live...

12. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx Newbie

You can check out a verizon store they sell regular sized batteries for the nexus

13. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

As you can see from my video, you should be able to put a lot of pressure on the mount without it falling off.

If you're putting it on a curved surface, make sure you push down on the suction base firmly, then pop the lever closed. Also, make sure you take the plastic film off the bottom.

Make sure you wipe down the area you're mounting to with some cleaner and a rag, your dash can get really dusty without realizing it.

If the sticky base isn't that sticky from dust / dirt or whatever, wash it off with warm water and let it air dry.

14. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

I'm done waiting for the official dock, I'm pondering the mounttek CD slot vs the ark on above

Does anyone know if either will fit with a tpu case (cruzerlite).

15. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

I had a diztronic tpu case it fits the mountek just fine. I use the barely there case sometimes now and it fits fine as well. I would think the arkon would be fine as well from the looks of it.

16. jhonb

jhonb Android Enthusiast

I get all my cell phone accessories on eBay. Pennies on the dollar and it is not junk. I just ordered a windshield mount for 5 bucks delivered. Got 6, 6' data/charge cables last week for under 10 bucks delivered. Got a nice case for 3 bucks delivered.

17. veccster

My in-laws and parents are still traditional and it burns me to see them pay full price for stuff.

Verizon accessories are insanely over-priced

My friend just picked up the Rezound and about $150 worth of accessories from the Verizon store. Probably could have spent $25 for the same stuff online - maybe even better quality.

Just like buying the $30 HDMI cables at Best Buy rather than the $1.50 cables from Mono-Price, Amazon, ebay, etc.

18. PA Curmudgeon

PA Curmudgeon Newbie

Based on Doyer's post above, I ordered the Arkon mount. Just received it earlier this morning. It is versatile enough to securely hold the Nexus when naked, and it will open far enough to accommodate my Otterbox Defender case as well. That's a pretty big case. ;)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews