1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Accessories for the HTC Droid Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shante1012, Nov 8, 2009.

1. kraze0g

kraze0g Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    great thanks!

one more thing if anyone could point me to the best screen protectors for the eris? i bought the verizon ones and i am not happy with how they have excessive fingerprinting and seems like one of the corners is always peeling....

also -- anyone know of a place where i can find those "glossy silicone covers"? they are ONE peice and don't attract lint. the one's verizon has on their website are just too ... girly? ... i just want plain colors or something. someone mentioned they found one at best buy - are there any websites or locations i should look?

thanks again guys, this forum has been invaluable to me. ;)

Advertisement

2. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Im not telling
    North Florida
    I love my case

Attached Files:

3. kraze0g

None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    is that a snap on though? i prefer not to get snap-ons because they are harder to remove..

i just want a product similar to verizon's glossy silicone cases because they look so nice on the phone and u can remove them with ease. are there any out there? otherwise i guess im going to best buy.

4. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Im not telling
    North Florida
    i got mine off easily it also fits in the htc pouch with it on too. verizon sells silicon cases

5. kraze0g

None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    yeh i got one.. its not as good as the glossy ones because its a MAGNET for lint in your pocket. i take the phone out and its covered in white stuff from my pocket. also.. the glossy ones dont add any bulk at all to the phone and u can take it off easily if desired. if only they didn't offer only 3 glossy ones in pink/purple/light blue... too girly for me.

is there any stores or websites that anyone seen these?

6. stymye

stymye Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    check out the ebay link I posted a few posts up, good fit , free shipping , fast service. they have matte,glossy,snap-on..ect... most covers are $8.95.

I got the basic matte black silicone and am very happy with the fit and price.
    it looks good on the phone, not ill-fitting or cheepy looking.

7. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    How 'sticky' is that case? I have a Verizon case but it fights me going in and out of my pocket, so took the case off. I'd like to have some protection on the phone, but don't care for the one I have.

8. kraze0g

None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    this is in reference to the above post also -- i am not a fan of "hard cases" simply because they are more difficult to remove and i've been seeing a lot of two-peice cases but that really doesn't fit my interest. what I've been looking for is found below - although there is only a limited amount of "colors" (clear or smoked), they are called "candy" covers in which it stretches around the phone like a silicone but once its on it adds no extra bulk and has a slick finish. the selling point however is this - you do not have to "fight" to get it out of ur pocket like normal silicone, AND (my favorite part) it doesn't pick up lint or anything in your pockets. I just ordered this because its the best one i've seen so far, the other "glossy" silicone cases sold by verizon are much too ... extreme? (pink/purple with swirls etc). this should be nice and it's only 10$. gets good feedback. when i recieve mine i will let you know how it is. until something better comes out, i believe this is the case for me. hope this helps someone.
    BELOW IS THE ORIGINAL POST AND ITEM# WHERE YOU CAN FIND IT.

Originally Posted by NefariousAryq [​IMG]
    This case arrived today, and I must say I love it! Its fantastic. It has a nice "feel" to it (its not "grabby" like silicon cases, ie: easy to get in and out of your pocket) -- its a nice hybrid of hard shell and soft case. Does not add a ton of "girth" to the phone, which is good. Overall extremely pleased with this $10.00 purchase!

If anyone is interested, just search eBay for item #300367353777.

9. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
  10. Willard

Willard Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    I found the same case but for a little cheaper, already bought the smoke and they have some new ones now. Just picked up a blue.

eBay Store ? Paw Avenue: Search results for Crystal Skin Gel Case HTC Droid Eris.

11. Doheny

Doheny Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    Fire Fighter
    Orange County, CA
    FYI, the manual says when using the USB cable to your computer to charge the phone, it acts like a "trickle charger" i.e., takes much longer to charge the phone.

12. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    yes same cable, yes you can charge on a laptop but that is known as a "trickle" type charge, not as fast and good as ac adapter.

13. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
  14. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    Delaware
  15. Needsdecaf

None

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Just got one for my wife's new iPod Touch and my Eris.

33% off!! Hope they work well.

16. DcSports

DcSports Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    I bought the full body using the "winter33" coupon paid $17 shipped for 2 sets of skins. Most people worry about the "orange peel" there is some but very minimal and you can only see it at certain angles. The screen skin itself does not "stick" very smooth and natural feel to it. I have not noticed any difference with having it and the bare screen. I used to be a Zagg fan, but now Phantom Skinz all the way.

17. Needsdecaf

None

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    How is the fingerprint situation?

18. DcSports

DcSports Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Its ok if you dont mind it. With the full body skin against the matted eris finish it creates a glossy like finish. Finger prints and smudges are visible in the light, but can be easily wiped off. I personally do not mind it... its just one of those trade offs you make to protect your phone from scratches and what not. Great product with a lifetime warranty.

19. kraze0g

None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    thanks for the link - still waiting for mine to come in, if the black smoke one looks good i'll get another one.

anyone know how the hard/soft cases that "slide" onto the phone are? i saw a red one at the vzw store and it wasn't a snap-on, it just slid on the back and sides of the phone.. anyone try one?

also - anyone use the white silicone case from vzw? i got the black silicone one and ive been looking for a "white" case and its the only one i can seem to find. if anyone has any input on it (whether it looks good) please let me know.

Thank you :)

20. DcSports

DcSports Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    My friend has a white silicone case for her eris... it looks ok, if your interested I can ask where she got it from and how much. I have the same smoke black case from paw ave. and it looks amazing. The material is nice and does not stick to your pockets, it also makes the eris feel a little bit more substantial in the hands.

21. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert
    None

Based on the recommendations here, I just bought one of these on Ebay. I currently have the hard, snap together case (clear) from Verizon. I hope this new case will give my phone a thinner, more comfortable feel.

22. kraze0g

None

Dec 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    sorry for the unintended email for those who got it.

i cannot wait for this case to come in :eek: as for the white one, it doesn't sound like it's all that. ill just wait for them to make a white one similar to the smoked one coming in. i just hope ill love it.

thanks for the feedback

23. Cellmate

Cellmate Member
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    Consultant
    Phoenix

I have had the invisible shield for 2 years on another smart phone (SMT5800) and I have to say it saved me from many drops. Its a great product if you follow the application directions and take your time. In some Malls they apply it for you.

24. bsutton1

bsutton1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    With 2.0 coming to the Eris soon, has anybody heard about a car dock for it?

25. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Mechanical Engineer
    GA
    Just got mine like this yesterday. Love it!