• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories on launch?

sx4dude2013

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
Georgia
Last year I got my droid X on launch day via online and I already had a cheapo case from Ebay.
This year I plan to get the Bionic on launch day from the store but my cheapo case from Ebay wont be here yet :(

Do you think cases will be avaialbbe from the store on launch day?
I cannot get the phone without a case. lol. Ya never know what will happen...
Any thoughts?

if they followed the pattern with the original DROID, then yes, the VZW stores should have them.

But, you really should looking into buying a CostCo membership now ($50) and then buying he phone from CostCo (with 3 accessories, plus a car charger and a leather case, for the same $299 that you'll pay in the VZW store.

Worst case scenario, if you don't like the accessories you get, sell them to pay for the ones you want, saving you money either way.

See http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...iscussion-thread-including-q-yankeedudel.html for more info. Yes, it's long - but read it - it will change your mind.

And if distance is too far fr ya: the Nearest CostCo to my house is 85 miles, an I drive a 2011 Nissan Frontier SV (V6 4.0L that gives me ~17 mpg - and I'm still going to get it this way, b/c 10 gallons of gas + $50 membership still = $80 savings on genuine Motorola Accessories.

You can't shake a stick at that.

Upvote 0
if they followed the pattern with the original DROID, then yes, the VZW stores should have them.

But, you really should looking into buying a CostCo membership now ($50) and then buying he phone from CostCo (with 3 accessories, plus a car charger and a leather case, for the same $199 that you'll pay in the VZW store.

Worst case scenario, if you don't like the accessories you get, sell them to pay for the ones you want, saving you money either way.

See http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...iscussion-thread-including-q-yankeedudel.html for more info. Yes, it's long - but read it - it will change your mind.

And if distance is too far fr ya: the Nearest CostCo to my house is 85 miles, an I drive a 2011 Nissan Frontier SV (V6 4.0L that gives me ~17 mpg - and I'm still going to get it this way, b/c 10 gallons of gas + $50 membership still = $80 savings on genuine Motorola Accessories.

My closest one is 3+ hrs.... I cant go to Costco. All I want is a case and screen protector. lol.
Already have an HDMI cable and car charger.

Upvote 0

But, you really should looking into buying a CostCo membership now ($50) and then buying he phone from CostCo (with 3 accessories, plus a car charger and a leather case, for the same $199 that you'll pay in the VZW store.

:eek: When did the price of the phone change?

Upvote 0
Same to you - Although I personally think you need to make a new friend within 5 mins of that CostCO tomorrow afternoon and conveniently have car trouble so you cannot leave until Thursday morning...

LMAO!!!
haha. I have class at 11 Thurs morning so I cant travel to costco. haha
I hope the VZW rep doesnt "help me" set up my phone. I dont have time for that. Plus i kinda want to do my own unboxing vid, plus I dont like ppl touching my shit..very picky and anal!!! Same when it comes to my car! LOLZ...maybe im just crazy

Upvote 0
:eek: When did the price of the phone change?

Typo. Fixed. Thanks.

LMAO!!!
haha. I have class at 11 Thurs morning so I cant travel to costco. haha
I hope the VZW rep doesnt "help me" set up my phone. I dont have time for that. Plus i kinda want to do my own unboxing vid, plus I dont like ppl touching my shit..very picky and anal!!! Same when it comes to my car! LOLZ...maybe im just crazy

I feel ya - I may be doing my unboxing in the store right there!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones