1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories That Are TOO Cheap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DG3, Feb 2, 2011.

1. DG3

DG3 Lurker

Ok, we've all bought cheap chargers and cases on Ebay and elsewhere. Saving money on generic extras is a good thing and spending too much on OEM accessories is not.

But, I'm seeing even cheaper and cheaper stuff nowadays. A wall charger, and a car charger, and free shipping for 4 bucks. At what point do we have to question whether this cheap junk is going to short out of expensive phones?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast

I have a cheap car charger & wall charger...I'm not worried about either of them shorting it out, but what annoys me, is the wall charger (and car one sometimes)...when the battery gets to 85% (give or take a lil) it does it's little "connected/disconnected" noise and says "Battery full, unplug charger." Then 3 seconds later it does the "connect" noise and says it's charging, then battery full, then charging...back and forth until I get sick of hearing the little "dink dink, dink dink" noise and unplug the dang thing. When I unplug it it'll be at like 85% or whatever. Sometimes as low as 75%.
    I know it's not the phone that's doing this, 'cause with the Samsung charger I have no issues whatsoever.

3. jrhughes

jrhughes Newbie

In my opinion, there are certain things you may not want to skimp on as far
    as price. Buy a cheap Bluetooth Headset, don't be surprised if the sound
    quality mirrors the "savings"

One thing I've noticed: SD Cards that offer 32Gig of storage and actually
    format to the stated the size. But then generate errors and quit working
    after 8-16Gig of data has been written.

Moral of the story, if it sounds too good to be true.. Odds are it is. If you
    depend on your phone like I do for both business and pleasure - Then pony
    up the $$ to ensure what you buy legit.

4. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

only buy from reputable sources. only the good sellers (with hella positive feedback) on amazon and ebay. even one red mark is too much in my book. and most SD cards i find on ebay seem to be counterfeit. they are marked properly but dont give you the most storage possible.

5. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

@biggpat86 (and everyone):
    For amazon.com I look for 99%-100%, if none of those the lowest ill purchase is 95%.

Samsung Intercept Forum

The Samsung Intercept release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews