• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for the Monoprice link. I like the idea that the adapter includes the usb charge port so that the phone is charged while playing through the HDMI.

Rather than get 50 of them, I'll just pay the $16 and get one, though. (I like the idea that shipping is only $1.71.) You have to give Monoprice credit: they are an honest, upright company.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Monoprice link. I like the idea that the adapter includes the usb charge port so that the phone is charged while playing through the HDMI.

Rather than get 50 of them, I'll just pay the $16 and get one, though. (I like the idea that shipping is only $1.71.) You have to give Monoprice credit: they are an honest, upright company.

Absolutely! I ordered some HDMI cables from them (first time ordering) on a Sunday Night and paid for overnight shipping (4 bucks?? for overnight? Are you kidding??). There literally was a package at my door at 10am the next day. Anyways, yeah my total came to a little over $18 with tax and shipping. Still better than $30 and whatever price Samsung will set it for

Upvote 0
Amazon is also loaded with E4GT accessories.

I'm looking for a sturdy thin plain case (preferably matte black). Any suggestions?

I really like how thin the phone itself is and want to show that off without adding bulk.

Thanks!

The one you will probably want, if they make it, is "barely there" by case mate.

I've got a TPU coming for now. I've used them on other phones and like them, great case for the price.

Upvote 0
I've got a TPU coming for now. I've used them on other phones and like them, great case for the price.

Where did you find the TPU case? Do you have a link?

Everything I look at refers to the "Epic" and then they mess up and call it the "Touch" even though they're referring to the original Galaxy S. Thanks.

I found some cases using the old Google and looking up TPU with epic 4 touch. They are Amzer cases, and I have always found them to be great cases:

Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 Cases Store - Fommy.com

Newer UPDATE: BTW, if you sign up to their mailing list, you get free shipping.

Also to eventually be offered with free shipping, but evidently not Amzer:

Samsung Epic 4G Touch : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

Reactions: cary328is
Upvote 0
Hey unplugged1 - I just got my HDMI/MHL cable from monoprice. Seems to be good quality - can't really be sure until I get the phone! LOL

I can't believe Samsung is charging $40 for theirs:

HDTV Smart Adapter | Samsung Mobile

..... and yet, Cary, there will be many who do buy the Samsung because it is..... well, Samsung. Smart shoppers do the Monoprice type of thing :D

Reactions: cary328is
Upvote 0
HEY I didn't want to start a new thread - BUT FREE TPU CASE!!

See where it says:

"We are looking for about 20 people to send free review cases to. We just ask once
you receive it you leave a short review on the products Amazon page. If your
interested send us a message via the Contact form with your shipping address
and which style you'd like."

Samsung Epic 4G Touch : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

I sent in a quick message using their contact us link and got a reply today:

Hi Cary,

I'll get the Gloss Black sent out to you today. USPS tracking # <deleted>

I'd appreciate you leaving a review on Amazon once you have a chance to test it on the phone. After I get the product pages created on Amazon I'll send you the link of where you can leave the review. It will probably be sometime next week before I get them on Amazon. Thanks!

-Clay
TPU-Cases

FREE CASE!! HURRY and be one of the 20!! LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones