• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

accessories Z Fold 3....what are you getting?

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ok so the Fold 3 will be coming out in less then a few weeks. what accessories are you going to be getting?

i just pre-ordered my Fold 3 along with the s-pen and case.

i am currently looking for a car mount for the phone. preferably one that does wireless fast charging.

what are you guys getting besides the phone and the s-pen?

edit: i found this:
    fold3carmount2.jpg
    fold3carmount.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/DearHot-Wire...cphy=9031254&hvtargid=pla-1186035800113&psc=1

Last edited:
    Reactions: The_Chief
    I ordered the flip case & S Pen as well... plus this screen protector set.

Ever since the original Motorola Droid in 2009, I've used a horizontal belt holster for my phone. That way it's at my right hip if I need it (although my smartwatch handles most of the routine stuff now). In recent years, I've used holsters with pockets for identification and credit cards, and some emergency cash as a backup. I can literally run errands without my wallet. But what was I going to do with a foldable phone?

Well, check this out - it's actually a holster for two phones, but the Z Fold 2 and 3 will fit nicely! It looks like it will have plenty of room for the phone... in the case... with the S Pen. I'll find out pretty soon, as the first pre-orders are expected to arrive in one week!

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    GRRRR!

I have the holster and had ordered oleophobic film screen protectors with the plan that everything would be here, ready for the phone's delivery.

They sent a tempered glass set, which I won't use! Now the race is on for the seller to get the right product here before the phone... which is already "in process".

Upvote 0
    these 3rd party case prices are ridiculous. no way would I pay that much for 3rd party. i picked up the aramid case that i used with the fold 2 and a kickstand option that will attach to the back of it (not sure why samsung removed the case) . i got the spen case but will end up not using that and most likely will return it. i use the fold with a pouch and the pouch will hold both pens.

Upvote 0
    ...dropped my Note 10+ so many times and even cracked the back of the phone...... That's not going to happen with Fold 3.

You have 12 months of Samsung Care Plus, which includes one screen replacement. So get it out of your system early on and really mess that sucker up! LOL

Reactions: marctronixx
    Upvote 0
    You have 12 months of Samsung Care Plus, which includes one screen replacement. So get it out of your system early on and really mess that sucker up! LOL
    I prefer not to lol . I almost forgot to purchase the Samsung care ...I know it free for the first year, but I failed to check mark that I wanted in. I had to cancel my first purchase and repurchased it again.....lol

Reactions: marctronixx
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Let me know how that suction cup thingy holds up. I live in the South and have had dismal experience with them because of the heat: so that AC vent clip is a must for me. I'll have to scrounge up my old charger to try it out... my SUV now has Android Auto, so I really don't need to display my phone.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Let me know how that suction cup thingy holds up. I live in the South and have had dismal experience with them because of the heat: so that AC vent clip is a must for me. I'll have to scrounge up my old charger to try it out... my SUV now has Android Auto, so I really don't need to display my phone.
    well on my note 10+ its holding up really well. i installed it over night and let it sit and bond to the dash before i tried it out with the phone. it sits kind of like in the photo where the arm sits along the dash which it uses for support.....so it does not bounce or vibrate as you drive. we will have to see how it holds up to the fold 3 and a case which will be much heavier than my current phone.

Reactions: The_Chief
    Upvote 0
    the spen flip case is a disaster in my opinion that flap on front is useless and covers up the beautiful front screen. i ordered it in the lot but im going to return it today sine its coming today. i instead got just the spen. i carry my fold in a pouch and it fis both spen and pen pro.

the pen pro is only useful for those who have multiple devices that can use it. if you just have the fold and no other samsung smartphone, its not really practical for you.

Upvote 0
    Okay folks, have any of you found a source for a belt holster that will accommodate the Z Fold 3 in the flip case with S Pen? Those dimensions are 6.25" x 3.25" x 0.75" and I am having a devil of a time trying to find a horizontal holster for my belt, preferably leather, with card slots. How can it be so impossible to find? Holster manufacturers have had these dimensions for awhile now...

EDIT: Well, I found this holster that will fit the phone and case with S Pen... but it's vertical with no card slot. I guess I get to compromise, huh?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    the s-pen case sucks!!!!! its hard to use it if you plan on using it in a car mount with the phone unfolded. my spigen slim armor case is coming tomorrow....can't wait to use that instead. i will keep this case as i do love the s-pen. just need to figure out how i can carry it with me. i am thinking of a pouch, holster, or whatever you want to call it. just need to find one that works for me.....never been one to carry my phone on a belt clip before.

here is one idea:
    stylus_holder.jpg
    stylus_holder_2.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Holde...t=&hvlocphy=9030983&hvtargid=pla-676818042376

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones