1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Accessory Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by executor485, May 31, 2011.

1. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    Alright, maybe it's just me, but I'm NOT happy with Samsung (and Verizon) for their accessories on the Charge.
    1) Wireless charging cover - Actually a really nice thing to have, glad they have it available. The cover is slightly thicker than stock and it adds just enough bulk to make it feel really nice in the hand. The silicon case does fit but the sides are slightly pulled.
    2) Extended battery - And did they bother to add the cover with it??? No. I've actually never bought a phone or extended battery that didnt come with a cover for it. I guess they figure people are going to be buying a couple of them? And I know it's early still, but why the heck didnt they come out with a silicon cover (or any cover for that matter) that would fit over it properly? Furthermore, why didnt they come out with a nice wireless charging cover for the extended battery?!?!
    3) Docking station - By far my biggest irritation about these accessories is that the docking station will NOT work with anything but the stock cover and no case on the phone (case is probably too much to ask, but still would be nice to have planned for something like that). The wireless charging cover only adds a little tiny bulk to the phone and renders the docking station useless!!! WTH!!!

All these accessories are directly from Samsung, did they not think about people buying more than 1 thing? I'm not sure if the designers just got lazy, the accessories were an afterthought, or what, but I expect that they'll at least plan for SOME type of compatibility. I'd much rather not switch out my back cover every time I want to use a different accessory.

Also, for those of you who have the questions about these things working together, and your Verizon reps knowing nothing... Your answer is that none of the accessories will work with each other, PERIOD.

I'm looking to "break" my dock to see if I can get things to fit. There is a huge black plastic area that looks like it can be broken off, similar to the different docking areas on the different models of iPhone/Pod.

Anyone else experience this or feel the same?

/end rant, getting off the soap box

Advertisement

2. nlsme

nlsme Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Most phones are like this.

3. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    IIRC I read something about the TB extended battery fitting in the dock just fine. But for sure, my old Motorola Q worked perfectly with all the accessories.