• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessory Thread

If its anything like the metropcs branded holster case and screen protector combo i bought from ebay youll like it. Adds a nice feel to the phone without adding too much bulk, and fits very snug.

I was out and about just now in the neighborhood of a local store and went in to see what Spiritualness they had. :D

The have the phone charged and on-line and I got to grope all over it (This will calm my Joneses for a couple days until mine gets here.:p) It felt really good in the hand, the perfect size for me. Really Thin.

The only case they had was ^ and it was surprisingly nice. (But of course, it damn well better be for $25 <I think> in store.) The stand even looked well done. It stayed clicked close and actually worked as a stand pretty well. I do like the ones better that have the silicone next to the phone for impact protection over the all hard case like this one though. They had none of the Metro screen shields for the Spirit yet. I DID get one question answered with the right answer and that was about the shield that comes on it. There is a YouTuber that has it looking like the yucky worthless cellophane. Someone here said the initial one was like the one on the Motion (Nice!) The Metro guy said it does come with the one like the Motion. THAT'S good.

Even though this guy knew enough to do a network reset on my Motion a week or so ago, he was clueless about Wirefly until I turned him on to it. :rolleyes: (Sheesh.) I asked him if they ever had job opening there and he said they were Cutting His hrs.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Finally... The case I've been waiting for, for the Spirit. I love it because it's very thin and doesn't completely hide the phone. On my S3 it's sooooo thin and only has side edges for better grip with open buttons.

Metro PCS Lg Spirit 4G Black Soft Touch Shield OEM AUTHENTIC HIGH END PHONE CASE

Can't wait to receive it. :D

Yeah me neither! I just got the last one. :D There is a generic one similar for a few bucks less but this one looks better fitted to the Spirit, plus it was about 1/2 the price as the same one in the store. Deal.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Well, my case came in today and I am less than thrilled. Let's see what Game Theory says as I think he already has his phone while mine is still stuck on the snail powered rickshaw from Maryland. :rolleyes:

First, I thought it was the smooth but pliable "TPU" Silicone stuff but it isn't. It's hard plastic with the back being matte black. I wanted the TPU stuff as I think it's much better impact protection than a single layer of hard plastic which I'd guess just directly transfers any impact instead of absorbing some of it.

2ndly, the ENTIRE top and bottom of the case are open, basically, not there.
The corners of the phone look to be as far as the case covers in those areas, and the corners look like they'll be Barely covered. No protection at all from anything along the top and bottom. In fact, the only thing that appears to hold the phone even IN the case are the sides of the case and that doesn't sound very secure to me.

Other than the fact that all the openings are there for buttons, cameras etc; there is no way this case to me is worth anywhere near the $12 I got it for on The Bay much less the $19 MetroPCS.com has it for. There are hard plastic cases on The Bay already with a top and bottom pieces that have way more protection than this case for 1/2 the price.

At least I have *A* case for my Spirit when it gets here while I look for a better one.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Well, my case came in today and I am less than thrilled. Let's see what Game Theory says as I think he already has his phone while mine is still stuck on the snail powered rickshaw from Maryland. :rolleyes:

First, I thought it was the smooth but pliable "TPU" Silicone stuff but it isn't. It's hard plastic with the back being matte black. I wanted the TPU stuff as I think it's much better impact protection than a single layer of hard plastic which I'd guess just directly transfers any impact instead of absorbing some of it.

2ndly, the ENTIRE top and bottom of the case are open, basically, not there.
The corners of the phone look to be as far as the case covers in those areas, and the corners look like they'll be Barely covered. No protection at all from anything along the top and bottom. In fact, the only thing that appears to hold the phone even IN the case are the sides of the case and that doesn't sound very secure to me.

Other than the fact that all the openings are there for buttons, cameras etc; there is no way this case to me is worth anywhere near the $12 I got it for on The Bay much less the $19 MetroPCS.com has it for. There are hard plastic cases on The Bay already with a top and bottom pieces that have way more protection than this case for 1/2 the price.

At least I have *A* case for my Spirit when it gets here while I look for a better one.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I could clearly see the ends not being there just looking at the pics just saying.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Point taken.

That however Does Not negate the Fact the listing says the case is made of "Silicone/Gel/Rubber" and it's NOT. That's my most serious issue with it. I'd be much less concerned with the open top and bottom if the rest of the case was made of the material it was stated to be made of.

Game Theory, don't you have your Spirit already? I'm sure curious as to your review of this case WITH the phone since you have the phone already and I don't.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Well, my case came in today and I am less than thrilled. Let's see what Game Theory says as I think he already has his phone while mine is still stuck on the snail powered rickshaw from Maryland.
I love the case, but it's because I was specifically looking for this case since I already had it for my SGS3. I particularly like that it's very thin and preserves the phones sexy looks. LOL

It seems that you did not look at the pictures on the ebay listing, because if you did you would have known that the top and bottom are open, as the pics clearly show.

The case offers a small amount of impact protection... It's mostly to protect against scratches. For me that's fine since it's rare I drop my phones.

Love my cases...

Upvote 0
I'm considering an armband for the LG Escape as phone dimensions are close. The band I had for my Motion fits width but not length (it could actually be used for running, but the screens not fully viewable for a function like GPS when riding a bike strapped to the handlebar).
:alberteinstein:

New Outdoor Music Sports Armband Case for LG Escape Smart Phone | eBay

Upvote 0
Finally a couple of the two piece hybrid (Silicone innard, plastic outard) cases show up on The Bay. I think I'm going to go with this one. Price is right and I like the added protection of two layers. I DO Wish the hard plastic covered more but this will do for now.

Full Black Hard Hybrid Case Cover Y Kickstand for LG Spirit 4G MS870 Metro Pcs | eBay

I'll report back.

Well, the case arrived and I'm pretty happy with it for less than $8.

It is in fact the 2 layer case with the phone completely covered with a layer of silicone rubber with a hard plastic overlay. The only downside I see is the paint job on the hard plastic part. All of these style cases have the hard part painted the color you want and this paint job leaves a little to be desired. Just not the best spray job but also not real noticeable unless you look for it. Push comes to shove and I'll just get a can of the Krylon spray paint for plastic and respray it a more Less glossy black. (Note to the Chinese; don't let your BLIND, deaf, mute, quad amputee, child convict workers do your spray painting. :D )

There are cutouts in the rubber layer for the USB plug, camera/flash, phono plug, speaker and mic and they are all where and As they should be. Rubber covers the volume controls and power button but Doesn't inhibit the use of them. The stand is pretty neat, usable in both screen orientations and it snaps back securely in place when not being used. The protection from impact is righteous, much better than the thin hard plastic snap on case from Metro. All 4 corners are fully covered with a double layer of the rubber/silicone. The control cutouts are the perfect size, not to big, nor too little. The case doesn add some "bulk" to the phone but not obnoxiously so.

2 thumbs up from me.

[Additional later EDIT] Ok, I gotta give this case a full one more point advantage. I went to take it off to look at something on the phone under it and man, it wasn't That easy to get off. :eek: The case is Very Securely On The Damn Phone. I will Guarantee You this case won't fly off if it gets dropped good.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
What do you guys think of these cases?
For LG Spirit 4G MS870 Impact Hybrid Kickstand Case Hard Soft Phone Cover | eBay

I can't tell if they'll actually be worth it, but the price is definitely not bad...

$T2eC16VHJGIE9nnWqrq0BRFbwLDEbw~~60_12.JPG

Never got back to you guys on the case... I've had it for a week or so now, and I find it to be great. It does add a significant amount of bulk to the phone, but it isn't too bad.

I'm impressed with the construction and quality of the case. It's a 2-piece hard case with a rubber sleeve that sits on top. All ports are easy to access, and the buttons (volume and power) actually feel better with the case on. The kickstand is sturdy and locks into place. Furthermore, the stand is nice in either portrait and landscape modes.

You really can't go wrong for about $8. You get a nice quality case that should offer some decent impact protection. The only thing is it's pretty uncomfortable in my pocket when I ride my motorcycle. :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And another decent looking 2 stage soft/hard hybrid case. I might have bought this one before the one similar I got with a stand if this one had been out yet. I had one just line this on my Motion. Aside from the power button not working so well it was a Great case. (There isn't any issue with the power button on the Spirit and my molded rubber case half.)

No stand but the stands adds some width to the case.

He has a Red and Black case like this that looks pretty neat too.

For LG Spirit 4G MS870 Hard Mesh Hybrid Skin Case Cover Black Black Accessory | eBay

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
And another decent looking 2 stage soft/hard hybrid case. I might have bought this one before the one similar I got with a stand if this one had been out yet. I had one just line this on my Motion. Aside from the power button not working so well it was a Great case. (There isn't any issue with the power button on the Spirit and my molded rubber case half.)

No stand but the stands adds some width to the case.

He has a Red and Black case like this that looks pretty neat too.

For LG Spirit 4G MS870 Hard Mesh Hybrid Skin Case Cover Black Black Accessory | eBay

Oh man, I wish that had been available when I bought my case. That's the one I used for the Motion. It's a great case. It has really good protection and gives the phone a good weight.

Upvote 0
It IS a whole $8...;) Get it.

The case I have now is my first with a stand. I'm still not convinced it's necessary and it does add bulk to the case.

For $8 I may get this one anyway. :rolleyes:

But I DO agree, this WAS the case I was looking for when I found the stand one I have. I definitely would have bought this if they had had them out yet.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
So, this is what I got for my LG Spirit:
1. Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin + Screen Protector (wet type)
Skinomi Carbon Fiber Phone Skin Screen Protector Cover for LG Spirit 4G MS870 | eBay
2. Leather Open-Top Carrying Case Pouch for LG Phones + Holster Belt Clip
Leather Open Top Carrying Case Pouch for LG Phones Holster Belt Clip Accessory | eBay
3. BLACK iBracket Card Stand Mount Holder (smart phone stand)
Black Ibracket Card Stand Mount Holder iPhone Stand 4 iPhone 4 4S 3G Smart Phone | eBay

This is how it looks:
LG Spirit 4G Accessories by Enzo Heavenly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones