• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accidental discovery re: camera

mr_burns.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is another tip:

When you get the zoom panel out, you can manipulate the zoom on the camera anywhere on the screen by moving your fingers up and down, no need to be on the control element.

I still don't get great pics with the camera, that's one of the few disappointments I have with the phone - but all the pluses far outweigh this.

Cheers.

Reactions: shameless
Upvote 0
Same here! I didn't know that I could do this. Very nice to have this ability to do that because it does help keep the phone steady and it was driving me nuts having to hit the track button because when I did it and it moved just a tad too much it made the picture look slightly fuzzy, but now that I can just hold down the screen it makes it so much easier!

Thanks for this tip! :)

Upvote 0
I just noticed that when in the camera if you swipe up or down anywhere on the screen the zoom feature will automatically pop up....probably old news, too, but I had been clicking the +/- button, this was easier.....

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that! Although I noticed that you still have to click on the +/- button for the zoom in order to press and hold to take the picture rather than having to hit the track ball unless I'm doing something wrong. But definitely easier than having to click on the +/- and then swipe the bar at the top, and then click on the +/- sign to take the picture.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones