• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accidental Factory Reset!!! #%*#@%!

big_red_1

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
You have GOT to be kidding me!

So I was trying to reboot my phone--I turned it off, then in a attempt to boot it back up, I held down the power button for a bit, perhaps longer than I should have. Maybe I even pressed it a few times, I dunno. The next thing I saw was it asking for my password. I had just set up my Outlook account (I knew other had problems with this) and I was required to add a password for security. After entering the password, the next thing I knew it was hard resetting! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Of course I had just gotten the phone set up how I wanted it.

Am I the only one who made this mistake? Whose brilliant idea was it to program a hard reset to launch by simply holding the power button for a few seconds? Of course there's no way to undo a factory reset. Needless to say, I am VERY unhappy right now.

So I have had two more factory resets since my first post, and I'm fairly confident it was not my fault. It only happens when I setup Outlook via the email program. This had better be fixed in the update. Anyone know when we can expect this update?

And no, I am not experiencing a lag since the factory resets.

Upvote 0
So I have had two more factory resets since my first post, and I'm fairly confident it was not my fault. It only happens when I setup Outlook via the email program. This had better be fixed in the update. Anyone know when we can expect this update?

And no, I am not experiencing a lag since the factory resets.
Nothing concrete. Some people seem to think there will be one pre-Froyo but thats more hope than experience talking there. Having said that I would not be surprised in the next month to see a small update to tide over till Froyo hits...sadly closer to the end of the year rather than sooner

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for 2 days, after activating the phone worked for approx 10 minutes before the screen died. took it into Verizon yesterday and got a replacement. Then called Verizon about the password lock on the phone (only if you use exchange email) - so rather than just gliding your finger over the phone to unlock, every time my screen locks I have to enter an actual password - this sucks! They knew absolutely nothing about it and acted like I was nuts. While on the phone with Verizon the phone did a hard reset by itself and I lost everything.
took it into Verizon, they moved contacts over again, setup gMail account for backup, etc. - showed her the password lock after setting up exchange connection and she said - oh, that must be an exchange thing. This morning - another hard reset, lost everything - supposed to be backed up and auto-resynched, but apparently not. I've spent more time on issues with this phone than with all the other phones I've ever had put together - about to go back to my blackberry curve and scrap this whole experience.:eek:
Everyone tells me this phone is great - but maybe it's just not for business users - exchange server, etc. - My wife has the same phone (Vibrant) and hasn't had any issues - but she's not dealing with an exchange server.

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for 2 days, after activating the phone worked for approx 10 minutes before the screen died. took it into Verizon yesterday and got a replacement. Then called Verizon about the password lock on the phone (only if you use exchange email) - so rather than just gliding your finger over the phone to unlock, every time my screen locks I have to enter an actual password - this sucks! They knew absolutely nothing about it and acted like I was nuts. While on the phone with Verizon the phone did a hard reset by itself and I lost everything.
took it into Verizon, they moved contacts over again, setup gMail account for backup, etc. - showed her the password lock after setting up exchange connection and she said - oh, that must be an exchange thing. This morning - another hard reset, lost everything - supposed to be backed up and auto-resynched, but apparently not. I've spent more time on issues with this phone than with all the other phones I've ever had put together - about to go back to my blackberry curve and scrap this whole experience.:eek:
Everyone tells me this phone is great - but maybe it's just not for business users - exchange server, etc. - My wife has the same phone (Vibrant) and hasn't had any issues - but she's not dealing with an exchange server.

this is from the 'bug list' at BGR Samsung Fascinate Known Issues document leaks Boy Genius Report

Exchange ActiveSync Security Lock Screen:
When the EAS security is invoked, a new lock screen is introduced. Also the unlock icons do not line up with the border of the wallpaper.
Short term work around: There is no short term work around for this issue
Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue is under review for inclusion in a future MR.
Exchange ActiveSync Security Lock:
The EAS security lock may be invoked earlier then the timer is set for.
Short term work around: There is no short term work around for this issue
Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue is under review for inclusion in a future MR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones