1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

accidental mutli-texting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by traajik, Sep 7, 2011.

1. traajik

traajik Android Enthusiast

Has anyone had their phone send the same text message two or 3 or 4 times just by hitting send once? It's starting to happen more and more frequently, i have flashed the phone before i dont think it has to do with the rom i'm using, but could a bad flash be the culprit? Every thing else on the phone works including a 13 hour lifetime per charge.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lingming

lingming Member

13 hour sorry you have wrong phone unless you have ex BATT
    and what ROM your using and just SMS or MMS

3. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

Multiple send or receive is a fault of the network, typically caused by low or spotty signal.

traajik likes this.
  4. lingming

lingming Member

and yes that right if you send mms and data is low or jumpy it will send to think it failed then but in outbox and resend it again and the same go for SMS

traajik likes this.
  5. traajik

Basix and stock battery thank you very much and I'm pretty sure it only happens when its not multimedia

6. traajik

This is usually how it happens

7. Yawa

Yawa Well-Known Member

Totally a network issue. Trust me. Had it with my Optimus M as well.

traajik likes this.
  8. lingming

lingming Member

im guessing traajik has a new indugle that on stock with ROm last 13hrs?

9. confed

confed Android Expert

he answered you

10. lingming

lingming Member

even with Basix rom it dosent last 13hr on standby

11. tiede

tiede Android Expert

It can. It depends on where he is, and whether or not he has 4g on. With it off, you can get up to two days of battery power, and if it's on in a location with strong and stable 4g, you will get half a day if syncing does not occur often. It's in locations where 4g is intermittent that you'll notice the most dramatic drops in battery life.

confed likes this.
  12. lingming

lingming Member

mine lst 2h-3h doing nothing

13. tiede

tiede Android Expert

ouch! that's terrible!
    I am on the stock battery, and never see such drastic battery life...
    Sorry mate.
    Have you tried reconditioning the battery and clearing the battery stats? Maybe that might help... :-/

14. traajik

that sounds pretty familiar, maybe 4-6 hours or so for the first cpl months when i got it

and no not new i got it back in may or when ever it came out.

I get at least 8-10 hours of good use out of it per charge depending on how many things i have/keep open. 14h42m somthing was the highest i've seen, roughly 13 these passed couple days.

p.s Ah yes 4G, mine is always on and i'm always using it (i never shut it off manually, and only lose it when i go into underground parking garages) unless i'm using wifi.

also if anyone doesn't have the wifi tether installed and has a computer in the car you most defenitly need to install it

15. lingming

lingming Member

guess i should take my phone back since it only has 2-3hr of life

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews