1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

accidentally defaulted to look for sounds on SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Audio Princess, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Audio Princess

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't remember what I hit, but I remember something telling me that I could change it but I don't remember what... rookie mistake, I know.

Can anyone tell me how to get it to default back to the stock ringtones/sounds?

Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. Audio Princess

Feb 3, 2010
    Actually, it wasn't that, its that I appear to have lost all stock ringtones on my phone! Don't know why.

3. Have you tried a reboot, or a battery pull?

4. Larkitect

Larkitect Active Member

Feb 6, 2010
    South Carolina
    i gave an app control of my rings one time and this is what i did to get it back: "menu" button > settings > applications > manage applications > "menu" button > filter > all > android system > clear defaults. after i did that, the next time i went in to change tones it popped up a message asking which app i wanted to use. android system is the default and the one i chose to get things back to normal.

5. Audio Princess

Feb 3, 2010
    I actually ended up doing a factory reset, I've only have the phone for 2 days, so it wasn't TOO awful.

BUT, that is exactly what I should have done..

i can't say I would have found it by myself, but THANK YOU (in advance, for next time!)

6. Larkitect

Larkitect Active Member

Feb 6, 2010
    South Carolina
    glad to help. i registered just to reply because i couldn't stand the thought of a new droid owner having problems. welcome to the fold and enjoy your droid! :)