1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accidentally deleted Phone and Contact App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nogchistallion, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nogchistallion

Dear community

Yesterday I bought a Sony Xperia T and I wanted to delete some pre-installed apps with Cleaner app. Unfortunantly, I also accidentally deleted the 'Contact' and 'Phone' app. And now I'm asking if there is a way to retrieve them back.

I would be very appreciated if someone would help me to resolve this problem.

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Hello, :)

If you can not find the apks to reinstall, and if there is no restore feature on that phone, ( I heard some do) you might have to do a factory reset to put it back to stock.

It will probably wipe your phone, so make sure to save anything you want to keep before you do so. :)

3. Nogchistallion

Dear Dustwin
    I've done it before from settings, settings, back-up and reset and factory reset but still, I didn't retrieve the 'Phone' and 'Contacts' app. :(

Do you know the other method to retrieve those apps back? Or is there someone else who can help me?

4. dustwun77

As short a while as you have had it, I would consider taking it back to where you bought it and see if they can fix you up. :)

If someone in here posted the apk or knows where you can find them. You could download and install them.

There are probably non stock ones on playstore, as well.

I hope you get it fixed.

5. Nogchistallion

Hmm, I searched 'Contacts' on the PlayStore and it seems there are some free-to-download contact third party apps. With those apps, I can call my friends. Maybe I should download those, they have exactly the same function like the orginal pre-installed Contact app.

6. Nogchistallion

I downloaded the Contacts+ app but when I tried to create a new contact or to add a phone number of someone, it says that it couldn't find an application for this action.

Maybe because I deleted the original pre-installed contacts app?

7. dustwun77

That sounds reasonable. Like it is piggybacking on the stock app.

A different one might not.

Since no one has posted an apk from their phone, i am starting to think your best option is to see if you can get it restored where you bought it. :(

8. Nogchistallion

Ahn okay thanks :)

dustwun77 likes this.
  9. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

A reflash would do it without having to take it anywhere so long as you haven't unlocked the bootloader:

To repair the phone software
    1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
    2. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
    3. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
    4. Click repair phone.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

dustwun77 likes this.

Sony Xperia T Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews