• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accidentally entering extra destination into Google Maps

Never heard of such a thing.
You type in or say your destination and maps will set a course.
Maybe some of us would like to use some of the other features the "software" offers, not everyone needs to perform the simplest of tasks, sounds like you only do simple tasks or that you have never bothered to see what else it does, in that case you shouldn't be answering.

Upvote 0
To be honest with you, it's a hopeless piece of software which leaves me needing extra medication, what were they thinking?

After a response like that I don't know how you have the nerve to criticise Dannydet for his comment which I actually concur with. I use Google Maps extensively on a regular basis and have never experienced an 'accidental location' appearing.

Upvote 0
Maybe some of us would like to use some of the other features the 'software' offers, not everyone needs to perform the simplest of tasks, sounds like you only do simple tasks or that you have never bothered to see what else it does, in that case you shouldn't be answering.
Care to explain?
Cuz i never had such an issue with maps, but it looks like you had some serious trouble with maps. What were they?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how a location could be accidentally entered into Google maps?
Sometimes an accidental location will be added to my route before my actual destination without me knowing it.
Thanks!
Is it possible you have a shortcut for a specific address on your home screen and when pressed, it takes you to that address?
Is it always the same address?

Upvote 0
Dude I don't need to explain anything, google maps needs to explain, if you don't like what I posted, I didn't post to keep you happy.

If you try setting up a route from your home to somewhere using their public transport features it's a joke.

Using the Hancom Powerpoint software (which I've never used before and don't really know how to use seeing I asked for a manual and they wouldn't give me one even though I must have saved them millions), on my S8+ I was able to create a presentation, but I couldn't get that stupid piece of crap to work?

I never knew Koreans were so tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Seeing none of you have replied, you must be still working on it.

It could take less time walking believe me.

And if you do crack the code, will it have been worth it?

It's been over 40 minutes since the route post no replies, if you're working on it, should it take that long?

Seeing how long it's been since you know, would it be fair to say it's a piece of crap and a joke?

I call them how I see them, if I believe it's crap I believe it's crap, I'm not shitting on google they've done a pretty good job of it themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Dude I don't need to explain anything, google maps needs to explain, if you don't like what I posted, I didn't post to keep you happy.

This is a discussion forum, and someone asked you a question. You can choose not to reply, but I'm struggling to understand your aggressive attitude. You have problems with Google Maps, that's very clear. Personally it's always worked great for me, and gives me really useful traffic condition alerts.
I've never experienced Google Maps entering spurious destinations, so if you have anything to say which can clear that up, apart from pouring derision on the app, we'll be glad to hear it.
In the meantime, please improve the tone of your comments. Not sure what we've said to upset you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones