• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acclaim "hung" and is now stupid slow....

Five66T

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
This was odd as heck.....

Yesterday morning, my wife calls me. Pull my phone out and swipe the answer button. Phone stops ringing but doesn't answer. It then "hangs up" - not the call which didn't complete, the phone hangs. Not responsive, to anything. Phone is showing the lock code screen but doesn't respond to anything. I can't turn it off, I cant unlock it. Nothing. I stand there staring at it and in a minute or so (it seemed that long) it APPEARS to respond to something as the screen appears to unlock and it's on my phone log, showing the missed call. I try to select the number to call back. Again, nothing. No response, can't turn it off. Again after a minute it goes back to the home screen then nothing. So I pull the battery. Wait about 10 seconds, put it back in. It seems to take and extraordinary amount of time booting up (not that they are fast to begin with). But even once the lock screen comes up, it does not appear to have completely finished it's boot process. The EVDO icon isn't in the status bar although the signal strength meter looks ok. My Weather.com temp icon isn't in the status bar. I managed to complete the call to my wife and the EVDO and weather icons eventually appeared.
But since this episode, the phone has run VERY slow with seconds (4 or 5) passing between some screen changes.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones