• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Acclaim won't turn on

Sassymom08

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
I did a full search for this topic and there hasn't been an answer. My acclaim will not turn on past the samsung screen. I get past the US Cellular screen and then it hangs. It will do the "oh you touched me" vibrate, but "samsung" just sits there glowing at me. I did the factory reset and the factory reboot (yes I willingly wiped all of my personal info, loosing my apps and everything, I figure I'm not getting into it anyway right?). I'm past my 30 days :mad: so there is no way they will willingly swap out my phone and I'm on a severe budget. The phone was my way of finally spoiling myself so I need help please!!

Hello Sassymom (great user name :D). Welcome to Android Forums.

Sometimes it is possible to get a "bad charge" on a smart phone. There are several possibilities for that happening, including a partially inserted cable (at either end), a bad cable which will work intermittently, a USB port that has become faulty (if you're charging via USB on your computer), a defective battery, moisture in the device, a charging circuit that is damaged, etc.

If this were happening to my device I would proceed by first acquiring a different battery, whether one from a friend's device of the same make and model, or one purchased, and try to boot up.

If the phone turns on normally, I'd then replace the charging cable as well as the battery just to be safe.

If no success with a new battery and cable, I'd take the device in for testing by a technician.

Upvote 0
The phones do have 1 year warranty.

I took my phone to USCC last night complaining about self-power-down issues where it just shuts off, and the battery needs to be removed to turn it back on. (3 times in a few hours, then 4th time over night).

They backed up my contacts to my gmail account (thankfully I have appbrain so I just had to re-sync to get all my apps back) and did a factory reset.

Today it did this when I was just listening to the mp3 player. (the previous 4 times i wasn't touching/using the phone at all when it happened)

I'm giving it another couple days to see what happens but if it keeps doing it, they said that if they find it to be an issue with the phone and not the apps on it, that they will replace the phone (even though I'm out of 30 days).

Upvote 0
As long as the phone was purchased new from US Cellular (either a store, online, or through Telesales), it carries a one year manufacturer's warranty. If there is a problem with the phone that cannot be resolved through performing a Factory Data Reset, then a call into Customer Service (800-944-9400) may result in a replacement being shipped through Advance Exchange. If you are on one of the qualifying Belief Plans which include Phone Replacement, you may be able to get your device replaced, on the spot, at a US Cellular retail location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones