1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General According to an authorized reseller location, Nexus launch delayed indefinitely

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by granger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. granger

granger Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Owner said he just got off of a conference call about the nexus and the launch was delayed indefinitely. I am not trying to stir the pot, just passing on what I heard. Maybe this is only for the resellers not the corporate stores???

The store I was in is located in cockeysville MD.

I will add that I have not heard this from the. Corporate store that is holding a Phone for me once they launch

Advertisement

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    It is true. We received our order of them this morning, but we have been told to keep them in our warehouse until further notice.

JustNexus and GalaxyNexus like this.
  3. granger

granger Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Ugh. Can't believe I changed my mind from the Razr to the Nexus. Still happy with my choice, but not the cluster that is a Verizon phone lanuch.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    I don't think it's Verizon. According to rumors, there are hardware issues with the handset. We'll see.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Wow!!! Droid life reporting the same thing!

Holy smokes vzw....you've really did it this time!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. granger

granger Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    If that is the confirmed reason, I am buying the razr or waiting a couple of months past launch. Software bugs I can deal with, hardware issues that I am stuck with for 2 years.... No thanks!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  7. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Well, I suppose it could be software. Rumors I've heard are overheating and screen color issues. Could be a software fix, maybe.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  8. NecoD

NecoD Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    NY
    Sources???

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  9. DeathBySnooSnoo

None

Mar 30, 2010
    Network & Telephony Admin
    Tucson, AZ
    Off to get the Rezound this evening. I'll return it if it releases within the return period.

Time to sell my Thunderbolt. Look for it in the Buy/Sell section tomorrow.

10. likebutta

likebutta Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Probably an LTE version issue if anything, as GSM is still being sold in the UK and the Canadian market has been trickling out.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  11. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    People on forums like this one. There's another thread in this same forum where a guy in Switzerland said that they're dealing with these issues with their GSM versions of the Nexus. As far as my source for the delay itself, I work for a retailer that has the phone in stock but has been told to sit on them and not release them to locations for sale until further notice.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  12. teslas

teslas Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    It's not Verizon fault. They never promised u a launch date. Can't blame them for any rumors you may have believed...true or not.

crankerchick and GalaxyNexus like this.
  13. granger

granger Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    I may regret jumping into something I am not all that passionate about, but the reality was they were going to release this phone on Friday. Stores were receiving stock and retailers were letting it slip that the launch date was Friday. While I see your point that their main voice did not release a launch date, there was enough noise to warrant disappointment.

There has been a lot of talk about Apple and how they handle release dates. In my opinion there is a lesson to be learned by Verizon here. Start out with a date enough in the future and manage to ensure that date is hit. To me, it feels like verizon left themselves little to no wiggle room to get this phone out before Christmas and as a result they are pushing product out the door while still experiencing failures.

Regardless of which player in this mix caused the delay, it should be verizon that manages the release. Sending product to locations, telling stores a release date and then backing out is costing them money. Maybe not enough to be called material, but they are irritating the very market they are trying to corner.

Just my 2 cents.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  14. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    There are countless possible reasons why the phone won't launch this Friday.

Here's an example I'm totally making up - remember when the Xoom came out? The back-end support for Honeycomb wasn't ready yet - the market barely worked, Google Books was buggy as hell, Google Movies wasn't ready, etc. Maybe Google needs a few more days to get new features related to Ice Cream Sandwich (like Google Wallet? who knows) ready. God knows a delay would have helped the initial reviews of the Xoom (I had one at launch, and it was a mess).

I'm just saying, there are plenty of possible reasons that should be considered before everyone starts screaming 'F@#$ VERIZON!!! I KNEW THEY'D SCREW THIS UP!!'

15. Ascended

Ascended Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I understand that Verizon might not be to blame regarding this delay but they could definitely provide some information regarding the status of the phone. There's been a banner on their site since the phone was unvieled but we have yet to hear and real news from them about it. I can understand delays due to various issues but I don't understand a lack of communication between a business and their customers.

16. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert
    None

May 13, 2010
    video editor
    Charlotte, NC
    there have been issues with my GSM version since i first received the first one. i'm not sure if it's software or hardware related, but both randomly started rebooting and then saying "Android is upgrading. starting applications..." upon restarting. first one i thought died because it finally wouldn't come back on. found out yesterday that the company turned it on with no problems to find i had unlocked/rooted it so now i have two GSM Galaxy Nexus devices that seemingly have issues. my guess is that it has indeed been delayed due to either hardware or software.

my initial thoughts on the first GNex dying was that it had overheated. my second one i noticed was really hot when it started random rebooting. so i don't think Verizon is the reason for any of the delays at this point. i would point the finger at Google/Samsung for announcing something that wasn't ready for primetime here nor over seas.

this has just been a huge mess and i feel everyone's pain here in the US. if i knew of a quadcore device coming out early next year, i'd sell both my GNex phones and just stick with my international SGS2. as it stands, i'm tempted to sell all 3 and go under contract with AT$T and get a skyrocket at a cheap subsidized price to negate any incurring costs of this ordeal that i've put myself in because of a shoddy product.

very disappointed.

17. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2009
    Delay is due to a new lawsuit filed by Apple (patent infringement). <--Speculation

18. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Lots of 4g and 3g outages being reported, just noticed I was on 1x. It would make sense to delay if their having network issues I guess.

19. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    lol, just the thought of all those Nexi being turned loose onto the LTE network has brought 4G to its knees!

Tags: